Over the Hood (Bonnet) Pictures

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laps for Charity at Las Vegas Motor Speedway this past Sunday.

OVER THE HOOD.jpg

Yay! I can actually post in this thread now!! I got the hood mocked up today - first time since I took it off in August 2010. Hopefully, only one more 'take off' by the painter, and I'll have a 'real' OTH pic with something other than the inside of the shop. ;) :D

1622682_781820121828908_535369360_n.jpg

Heres a picture from about a week ago. The car is my daily driver 72 mach1 (351 4V, 4speed car). The time this picture was taken was 3:15am, during a blizzard, and the mach was doubling as an ambulance. The girlfriend had just fallen on ice outside here house and broke her ankle in two places, of course no one was home to bring her and was the first one she called. So, I started the mach, brushed the snow off the windows, and drove across town to her, and then to the hospital. The mach is surprisingly a decent driver in the snow!

24n3fgn.jpg

Heres a second pic from the next day heading home from work following my coworkers daily driven 66 chevelle 4 speed wagon..

2e3rf60.jpg

Heres one last picture. Cruising into work, sunrise and snow.. Pretty cool picture.

se1zes.jpg

Great pics. Do you have snow tires on the Mach? Back in the 70's I had an extra set of wheels and snow tires mounted on them. But that only lasted a couple of years until I had a Dodge Super Van, Tradesman 300, that I used in bad weather.

No snow tires Ole Pony, Im running a pair of daily driver bfg street radial 275/60/15s on cragars. Going to be looking for a new wheel/tire combo in the spring once this snow and salt go away!

rymygu7u.jpg

I am so stoked to finally be able to post! Drove the car over to a body shop today to get a repair estimate for my rust. This is the first time I've ever actually driven the car other than little shorties around the block. After blowing some of the cobwebs out of the motor it runs WAY smoother than it had been. Taking it back next week for him to actually do the work. Can't believe I ever contemplated selling it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a long drive today and stopped at the beautiful castle of Beaufort.

As I took upon myself the sacred duty to promote this tiny little, unknown country so that maybe one of you guys will pay me a visit one day, I decided to take a pic and share it with you.

:)

befort.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a picture from about a week ago. The car is my daily driver 72 mach1 (351 4V, 4speed car). The time this picture was taken was 3:15am, during a blizzard, and the mach was doubling as an ambulance. The girlfriend had just fallen on ice outside here house and broke her ankle in two places, of course no one was home to bring her and was the first one she called. So, I started the mach, brushed the snow off the windows, and drove across town to her, and then to the hospital. The mach is surprisingly a decent driver in the snow!

24n3fgn.jpg

Heres a second pic from the next day heading home from work following my coworkers daily driven 66 chevelle 4 speed wagon..

2e3rf60.jpg

Heres one last picture. Cruising into work, sunrise and snow.. Pretty cool picture.

se1zes.jpg
Mate, you guys up north are all heroes! How on earth do you put up with that cold white stuff! What do you call it? Snow or something...

I'm never going to complain again when I have to put a jumper on when it's a little fresh outside in winter...!

I have wanted to post an over the hood shot for a looong time. Here is my first while entering Charlotte Motor Speedway for the 50th.

07440186.JPG

07440185.JPG

Yeah! I finally can say I accomplished one more forum objective.

Latest posts

Back