FIREWALL PATCHING PICS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
I know you guys love pics, so heres a few from today..Firewall patch on pass side..needed this done before I can weld up the shock tower/ rear apron assy.

Also here's a great tool for sanding welds, rust, etc. in all those weird hard to reach corners.

100_1846.JPG100_1847.JPG100_1849.JPG100_1854.JPG100_1855.JPG

Man, you are like an artist with sheet metal! Keep 'em coming!

Q,beautiful job. Where did you get the fancy sander. That looks like what the doctor ordered. Have to talk to my snap-on guy about that.

Jim
Thanks Jim ! Heres the sander

air belt sander

Man, you are like an artist with sheet metal! Keep 'em coming!
I was going to reply that I need to go apprentice for awhile! So, dumb question, is the round "bump" the original config for a non-A/C car?
Thanks Guys ! I try ! Badmach you can come "apprentice" anytime you want I've got plenty for you to do ;) Tn is right, that bump is stock on a non a/c car..it's where the blower motor fits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott, you make it seem so easy. I've got a 72 that's a donor car cause it's a total rust bucket, but after seeing your pics, I'm now thinking there may be hope for this thing. I hate even the thought of dumping the car knowing that there will be one less in the world. Keep the pics and inspiration coming.

Scott, you make it seem so easy. I've got a 72 that's a donor car cause it's a total rust bucket, but after seeing your pics, I'm now thinking there may be hope for this thing. I hate even the thought of dumping the car knowing that there will be one less in the world. Keep the pics and inspiration coming.
I agree with you in everything!!. Scott is an artist!! and the importance of mantaining alive a car like this, a classic but also a car with his own history over his shoulders is something to consider...

Here in my country, ANY mustang is restorable and worth the try... there are so few that even those cars with trees growing inside the engine bay are interesting, restorable and finally, another enjoiable project...

Back