Only one way to watch Captain America

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't agree more! I can't recall how many times we went to the drive in theater back in the mid to late 70s in the '66 coupe and the '72 drop top we had back in '77!

This is the first year that they closed the local drive-in in Latrobe, PA...it did good business but the land owner decided to sell to big, corporate business and another shopping mall is coming instead.

Makes me sad that my local Drive-in closed down in the late-eighties - now a housing estate service by three roads called Metro Court, Goldwyn Court and Mayer Court. For years after there was another Drive-in in a small town nearby called Maryborough that we would head over to every now and again, but a storm came through there and knocked the screen flat on it's face and that was the end of that....

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first year that they closed the local drive-in in Latrobe, PA...it did good business but the land owner decided to sell to big, corporate business and another shopping mall is coming instead.
But the sign said that they were NOT going to sell out to big business...???

What a drag...

Last edited by a moderator:
thats cool..allways like the drive inn.. ...they shut are drive in down too back in the 80's and 90's :(....we had 2 of them.....but!!!...a few not far from me still open... and some one got a big peice of land here and is making a water park with a drive in...i sure hope they finish the drive inn part..lol

We're down to three here in CT; Mansfield, Pleasant Valley and Southington.

Mansfield is the best of the bunch, as it has three screens, plays first run movies and operates 7 days a week, plus they are smart and have a flea market on Sunday mornings. I've only been there a couple times and it's pretty nice, but it's 45 minutes from here.

Pleasant Valley is pretty nice, but a lot smaller with only one screen, but still first run movies.

Southington is actually owned by the town and is run by non-profit community groups that rotate through. At $10 a carload or $12 for non-residents, it's a bargain, but they only play one movie and they are classic blockbusters like ET, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, etc. I might be going this Saturday to see Indy on the big screen again.

We lost the one on the 'pike, Loews, to a condo complex, or "Luxury Townhomes" as the sign says....

The town I work in, Clinton, had one up until the late 80's, when it was knocked down and a Stop&Shop was built in it's place.

Back