New Account, Familiar Car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReciprocationProps

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible
9A WW, B/W interior
"Fallout"
Hello everyone!
Figured it was time to make my own account here, my father has one and was posting for both of us during the build process of my highschool car starting around 2013ish. Car is now a weekend toy but I'm still poking at it occasionally.
Went to school for Product Design so I'm constantly wondering what I can make a new version of on the car.
Current bits include:
Seat folding mech lever (not sure if there was ever an original but vacuum line covers keep falling off)
Map light - for use with an LED light, original size and to be compatible with the CJ pony parts replacement lens
Strut tower brace - the stock stamped steel isn't cutting so post Ram Air install I'm going to work on making a mockup out of plastic for size then work with Mike Maier's gen 1 brace kit to rig up a tube setup that fits with everything else going on.
Subwoofer box - We had built one a long time ago but it broke when moved outside the car, the trunk needs some love and probably a mat to avoid things rattling

Current normal things to be installed:
Center console ash tray - to be blasted and powder coated before install
Ram Air - on backorder from CJ pony parts

Attachments

• 021A1019.JPG
    17.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 021A1029.JPG
    17.7 MB · Views: 2
Welcome and howdy from Texas! Very nice looking Mustang. Your ideas sound interesting and you'll find members here are receptive to innovation. Keep us posted on your progress. Oh, and get used to CJPP orders being back ordered. They seem to have a track record of parts not in stock.

Nice convertible! I'll tell ya, there's no way my Mach would make it up, or down that driveway behind your car in the frontal view, the front chin spoiler would have to go!

Back