Hi from New Zealand

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben,

Here is a PA, where my wife retired from teaching American Law) The other ones that I just put on my photo album, or you can see them just as well on ez gallery under msc images and other vintage vehicles. Also, on page 8 of my photo album, got the fastest vehicle in the world, an interview w/SR-71 Blackbird pilot w/the green Patera 'Mangusta', the forefather of the 70s Pantera Detomaso. Mikke

Welcome from Phoenix. I hope you find the right 71-73 mustang for you! It must be hard down there, the number of opportunities must be small. Keep the faith!

Hi Folks

There are virtually no cars down here, and the few that are, well either they're perfect, or they are rough as hell, the only thing they have in common is the fact they are way to expensive!!!!

I'm happy to import one from the states, I brought over my old 76 Gran Torino last year from Denver, I bought it blind for $650 and drove it the long way round back to LA (5750 miles) and shipped it back to Nz. I found the whole thing an awesome experience and found everyone to be incredibly helpful and honest. I drove to Nebraska and covered the Lambrecht auction for New Zealand Hotrodder, man that was fun, drunk a hell of a lot of beer :)

Think I may have found a car, as long as its not too rusty! from a fellow member, I'll post up some pics and things when I get them.

Aspen Torino!.jpg

Torino at Stax.jpg

Good luck on finding your mustang! You should contact all of the members of mustangs.com as well become a national member of AACA & MCA (Antique Automobile Club of America & Mustang Club of America) to cover all of your bases. I realize its a long shot but the FYI to the minimal least might prove invaluable. 2 mustang parts companies that should have insides of the salvage yards w/most parts ie, addresses is Ohio Mustang and Virginia Classic Mustang and i will go through my @ 90k dollars in transactions in over 10 years of phone# and addresses of all vendors i have used to you in upcoming time. Eastern PA is the hub of the fortune of communication and connections of most antique cars ie, over 25 years old and one of biggest meeting places for antique mustangs is @ THE Carlisle; PA area near Hershey~Eastern PA. Mustang Times and Ford Times magazine are out of the state of Florida for your updated wealth of FYI. w:my background in the studies in a never ending academics in my years of researching @...started once i graduated high school through time in the Air Force - @ 160 college credits and 6 months in drafting school between 74 and 91 while a never ending @ average 55 hours working plus a never ending side occupation w/the rigors of the position of 24/7 landlord of my rental property from 89-03 in Florida then began my 24/7 career retired to the never ending work w/my mustang which is finally finished in full come the end of this summer. Then the real 24/7 enjoying my mustang (when not weighted down w/marital responsibilities or obligations) and finally getting to my 80 acre ranch in the upper mid-west that have left virtually abandoned since my days up that way when in the service. A lot of work that fell wayside in the tending the fields and refacing a delappidated to shack per se up there. If you have a face book or .ip address you ever want to take further conversation and share photos on a larger capacity from other mustang memberships let me know as i belong to a large wealth of mustang and other muscle car owners sharing their tales of cruises....to the current frenzy of euents and interests w/this being the 50th anniversary of the MUSTANG. Let me know. Mikke

Day number 2

Actually goes and buys a 73 Mustang Sportsroof off this site.

Awesome, I feel awesome!!!!!!

lee 73 side.jpg

Fantastic story..

Welcome from SE Michigan.

Oh and congrats on your purchase!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic story..

Welcome from SE Michigan.

Oh and congrats on your purchase!
Thanks man

I can't tell you how good it feels to actually own my own 73 Mustang, been 20+ years in the making :cool:

Welcome from Ontario Canada!
Hi Just a quick question are 71-73 Mustangs as common in Canada as the USA? I've seen a couple for sale in Victoria and they seem quite cheap! I guess you guys get more rust though right?

Hi Folks

There are virtually no cars down here, and the few that are, well either they're perfect, or they are rough as hell, the only thing they have in common is the fact they are way to expensive!!!!

I'm happy to import one from the states, I brought over my old 76 Gran Torino last year from Denver, I bought it blind for $650 and drove it the long way round back to LA (5750 miles) and shipped it back to Nz. I found the whole thing an awesome experience and found everyone to be incredibly helpful and honest. I drove to Nebraska and covered the Lambrecht auction for New Zealand Hotrodder, man that was fun, drunk a hell of a lot of beer :)

Think I may have found a car, as long as its not too rusty! from a fellow member, I'll post up some pics and things when I get them.

You should have stopped by. I'm four hours west of STAX.:D

You should have stopped by. I'm four hours west of STAX.:D

I would have probably driven right past, I should have dropped in and got some sweet wheels for my Torino, but I would have just tried to buy your Mustang :)

Welcome.

Sounds like you have jumped right on in and made quite a splash!

I enjoyed living close to Auckland for a few months and recently was able to enjoy a few weeks in Australia.

If you need a hand in southern Arizona, let me know.

Hi Charlie-

Just started coming here in earnest as I bought a 71 fastback a couple weeks ago. Got a friend with a 73 Mach1 as well as a couple XB Falcons. I did some work on his John Goss coupe and drove it around a bit and had fun with people while driving from the wrong seat. I see a fastback with Bathurst Globes in your future...wish I had a set.

Welcome.

Sounds like you have jumped right on in and made quite a splash!

I enjoyed living close to Auckland for a few months and recently was able to enjoy a few weeks in Australia.

If you need a hand in southern Arizona, let me know.
Hi Steven

Yeah I guess there's no time like the present to buy the car you always wanted eh?

I live in Auckland, what were you doing over here, Nz is a lovely country to live in :) Thanks for you offer of help.

all the best

Ben

Hi Charlie-

Just started coming here in earnest as I bought a 71 fastback a couple weeks ago. Got a friend with a 73 Mach1 as well as a couple XB Falcons. I did some work on his John Goss coupe and drove it around a bit and had fun with people while driving from the wrong seat. I see a fastback with Bathurst Globes in your future...wish I had a set.
Hey

Cool, I wanted a 71 notch, but ended up with a 73 Fastback, I think I prefer the shape actually and a certain Yellow 71-73 fastback called Eleanor has never been far from my mind, you might have heard of it :)

I love the XB coupes, so expensive and hard to find now tho, I wanted a Mad Max replica, but the Mustang was wayyyyyyy cheaper!

Bathurst Globes, mmmmm nice mines got a set of Daisy mags at the moment but I've got a set of superwide Appliance coming too.

Got a photo of your mustang too? Great forum!

All the best

Ben

I live in Auckland, what were you doing over here, Nz is a lovely country to live in :)
Hey Ben,

I lived in Silverdale and was in New Zealand with the East Coast Bays Bible Baptist Church. Absolutely great place to live and I would return given the opportunity.

Enjoy the Mach 1!

Like the XB coupes my self...When i was growing up watching Mad max, me and my freinds always thought his car was a mach 1 with a grand torino back end...We thought it was some kinda hollywood put together car..Little did we know it was a real production car in Australia..LOL

Hi Ben, Congrats on the purchase and welcome to our site. Please be sure to add a pin on our member map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back