What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well ordered new rims and tires, finally going to see how that Mustang Steve brake kit fits with wheels on it. Thinking of picking up the black brake cover. What do you guys think of putting covers over stock looking brakes?

Attachments

• Image 2024-04-29 at 11.31 PM.jpeg
    Image 2024-04-29 at 11.31 PM.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 0
Working on the EFI system. Finally installed the crank shaft position sensor from Innovators West. Also polished up the 3 belt front pulley and gave it a coat of Por15 Clear. Damn trigger wheel is going to make me use spacers on the entire pulley system.

Attachments

• IMG_1854.jpeg
    IMG_1854.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1855.jpeg
    IMG_1855.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Got a little busy and didn’t post it but I got a new windshield a couple weeks ago. It’s real nice not to have the wiper streaks and chips. It’s like there’s nothing there. I also had finger wide cracks in the rear window weatherstripping. I snagged a new one from NPD (USA made) and had it installed as well.

Yesterday I had a little help so I dropped the transmission for a rebuild. It shifts fine but leaks out the front pump seal like a sieve, even after a reseal by a professional. If it had to come out it might as well get upgraded. Going to get a B and M shift kit, upgraded clutches, solid band and probably other stuff I forgot. A little of the nasty before so we can appreciate the after.

Attachments

• IMG_5990.jpeg
    IMG_5990.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6009.jpeg
    IMG_6009.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6010.jpeg
    IMG_6010.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
Well ordered new rims and tires, finally going to see how that Mustang Steve brake kit fits with wheels on it. Thinking of picking up the black brake cover. What do you guys think of putting covers over stock looking brakes?
You asked for opinions on these covers...👎

Personally not a fan of parts that are just dress up, but I wouldn't knock you adding them if that's what you like.
Still interested in how the brakes work out.

Personally not a fan of parts that are just dress up, but I wouldn't knock you adding them if that's what you like.
Still interested in how the brakes work out.
I like anything that calls out “The Brand”.

Personally not a fan of parts that are just dress up,

+1 That's just dead weight.
I like anything that calls out “The Brand”.
Not me. Like when you see somebody driving around in a honda with a fartcan muffler and the huge H logo on the back glass and it says HONDA across the front window. Dude gets out and he's got on a honda t-shirt and the matching visor.

And back in the day. They really didnt even put "the brand" all over cars. Look at some of these old cars and try to find the ford logo. You can find it on some inconspicuous places like cast into the backside of parts or really tiny on the glass and plastics. But its not big enough for somebody to notice just looking at the car in passing.

+1 That's just dead weight.

Not me. Like when you see somebody driving around in a honda with a fartcan muffler and the huge H logo on the back glass and it says HONDA across the front window. Dude gets out and he's got on a honda t-shirt and the matching visor.

And back in the day. They really didnt even put "the brand" all over cars. Look at some of these old cars and try to find the ford logo. You can find it on some inconspicuous places like cast into the backside of parts or really tiny on the glass and plastics. But its not big enough for somebody to notice just looking at the car in passing.
To each their own. I am proud to drive a Mustang and will shout it out at any opportunity, so long as it’s classy.

Back