• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What are these 2 pieces called?
Anyone know what these pieces are called and if they are part of the cylinder head gasket? It’s inside my 351 Cleveland 2V motor. 
[Image: CC5_AC4_DA_7453_4_C59_A282_5583845_FE6_F8.jpg]

[Image: F6440_DDB_4_CD2_48_FF_A96_F_84_C3_C35132_ED.jpg]
Those are the intake manifold gasket end seals. At one time they were available separately from Ford but were discontinued and only available with the intake gasket set.
[Image: Inked9433_LI.jpg]


No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!
Didn't they use what was called "rope seal" in those days?

71-73 Mustangs never die, they just go faster!
(09-06-2018, 05:59 AM)NOT A T5 Wrote: Didn't they use what was called "rope seal" in those days?

You're thinking of the rear main seal. The front and rear of the intake seal were rubber.

There is actually three holes in the block that hold those end seals in place when putting the intake on. You need to put a spot of RTV on the ends to make sure it seals up. I just did one.

[Image: 100_3545.jpg]

[Image: 100_3546.jpg]

[Image: 100_3547.jpg]

[Image: 100_3548.jpg]

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats it called? peche 71 9 459 08-23-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: secluff
  Whats this piece called? Electrical Tie down digithead 6 683 05-31-2018, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Vinnie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)