• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Toploader question

I'm a newbee here and happy to join the 7173 Mustang owner's community.
I bought a few month ago a 73 Mustang Grandé and start to do some repairing and maintenance on it.

I have a question about a sensor I broke while removing the gearbox, located on the top left side of it.
Is it absolutly necessary to have this Transmission-Regulated Spark (TRS system) connected? Cause I can't find any spare parts to replace it. I think this sensor is related to the emission control system.
In advance thanks for your help,
Never heard of a [TRS system)

Now I have heard of it, haven't had a car with yet.
LCB1;96915 Wrote:http://www.fordification.com/library/mai...temId=6314

I saw this movie this afternoonSmile
Well I'll be. Never heard of such.
[Image: 2rr7aiv.png]

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.
On the Chilton book, there is a chapter about "emission controls". 12 different systems were installing in our cars.
CVS: Crankcase Ventilastion System (67, 68)
TAC: Thermactor Air System (1966)
IMCO: Improved Combustion Emission Control (1968)
DC: Deceleration Valve (1969)
DMS: Distribution Modulator System (1970)
SDV: Spark Delay Valve (71 to 73)
ERC: Exaust Gas Recirculation (73)
ESC: Electronic Spark Control (72, for States and Canada)
TRS: Transmission-Regulated Spark (system I have)
TAV: Temperature Activated Vacuum (73, 6 cylinders)
DVS: Delay Vacuum By-Pass (73)
EEC: Evaporative Emission Controls (69, California)

I didn't heard about since I broke the sensor on my gearbox. It's always nice to discover new subjects on our cars.
But unfortunatly, looks like not easy to find a new parts Sad
Somewhere on this forum a member asked what the little disk was
connected to the frame by the passenger door. There you have it.

[Image: 1_11_11_13_11_50_27.png]
Ok thanks I try to find out...
Here is a picture of a Toploader. I have the same switch. Does anyone know for what it is?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
manu64;97192 Wrote:Here is a picture of a Toploader. I have the same switch. Does anyone know for what it is?

This is from Volume 6 of the 1973 Ford shop manuals. Chuck
Sorry about the inverted image. I'm better with cars than I am with laptops and scanners.

Attached Files
.pdf    TRS Scan 123100003.pdf (Size: 550.74 KB / Downloads: 36)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power steering pump ERUPTION! [Update question] Sumit 33 2,154 05-26-2017, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Don C
  New ignition coil question. Sumit 8 167 05-24-2017, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Don C
  A/C question waterlife 4 201 03-13-2017, 12:09 AM
Last Post: jbojo
  A/C question 73pony 3 386 06-23-2016, 10:33 AM
Last Post: piper62j
  dvcv question SteveO_71 1 433 04-01-2016, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Don C
  part related question SteveO_71 2 483 02-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Last Post: SteveO_71
  Fuel Sending Unit Question SteveO_71 3 550 08-21-2015, 11:27 PM
Last Post: eddyw
  fuel tank question SteveO_71 2 516 08-17-2015, 08:07 AM
Last Post: 72HCODE

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)