• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
lost bill of sale
my dad has a 66 sprint and an 86 (i think its 86) grand national stuck out in the woods were i grew up they both need allot of work but the main problem is that we had a bit of a rat problem a few years back and one particularly fat one destroyed both bill of sales like not a scrap left, ate then shredded and use it and some other stuff as a nest -_-

what am i supposed to do about this? i say what am "I" supposed to do because im really thinking about after my 73 is done to move to the 66.... sprint but because the motor and tranny is gone put the 3.8 turbo buik in it
The easiest thing to do is get the VIN of both vehicles and go to the DMV and see what the last time they were registered was. I know that after a certain point the vehicle is considered "abandoned" and you can easily re-register the vehicle in your name. I believe Alabama doesn't do Titles for cars older than 1976? I think I remember reading that somewhere.

2013 Ford Focus SE Flex Fuel 5spd - Daily Driver
alright thanks
are you saying your dad only had a bill of sale on both? or he only gave you a bill of sale?

if he was the owner and sold or gave to you, then at the very least provide you with a bonded title meaning you'll pay roughly 200.00 per car and they will title it for that fee and they will run a history on the car to ensure there are no claims. If your dad purchased them you want this bonded title just for the same security that nobody attempts a claim or has attempted a claim.

67 Diamond Blue Vert

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypG...mJJrHJ_B_Q]


LOL even my sig line offended somebody!
I did a little more research on this, Alabama does not do Titles for vehicles over 35 years of age so for the Sprint I'm not really sure what you need to do.

For the 86 you should have you dad submit a request for a duplicate title to be issues. From the Alabama website "An application for replacement title can be submitted directly to the Alabama Department of Revenue by the recorded owner(s) or lienholder. The application fee is $15.00, non-refundable. In addition, an application for replacement title can be processed by any designated agent."

If your father is no longer with us (My condolences in that case!) things get a little tricky, and again your best bet is to reach out to the state directly because every state is going to be different and unique.

2013 Ford Focus SE Flex Fuel 5spd - Daily Driver
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake for Sale - 1-of-1 Shelby Mustang GT500 Auctioned by Mec mustang7173 5 280 12-13-2018, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Hemikiller
  Modified Fastback for sale on e-hay... 7173Vert 1 146 12-08-2018, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Don C
  Nice Cougar for sale by WCCC John J 1 395 05-14-2018, 09:52 PM
Last Post: John J
  72 Bronco what would be a fair sale price rackerm 13 1,096 09-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Don C
  Rock solid car for sale jbojo 8 956 09-23-2016, 06:21 PM
Last Post: EdM
  Went to a yard sale and picked up some vintage speed parts. cudak888 17 2,646 06-19-2016, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs
  Facebook - Lost Muscle Cars Boss1Ray 1 980 11-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Last Post: DK73
  Ferrari for sale John J 12 1,494 07-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Last Post: luxstang

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)