• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help identifying a sheet metal part om the cowl

.jpg   apron.JPG (Size: 124.04 KB / Downloads: 72) Im in the process of replacing my upper and lower cowl in my 71 Mach 1. Can anyone tell me what the piece that connects from the rear apron to the top of the upper cowl is called and where I can source these? Mine are shot on both sides.and I need replacements. Thanks
They are not made new
You have to fix your old ones, find good used ones or fabricate them
what are they called?
Cowl Apron Extensions (or something like that). If you can find a good donor car, after you pull the fenders you can drill out the spot welds and transfer them over to the repair.

That one doesn't look too horrible. Clean it up, plug weld the holes, grind 'em smooth and nobody will ever know. Wink Big Grin

Looks like you're new here - when you get a chance, jump over to the "Introductions" section and post up a new thread so we can properly welcome you to the Best Mustang Site ever. thumb


[Image: mach1sig2.gif]
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My method for cowl repair tony-muscle 23 1,706 11-25-2018, 08:35 PM
Last Post: vintageman
  What is the preferred company for replacement sheet metal? scgamecock 3 264 09-10-2018, 12:47 PM
Last Post: scgamecock
  Body part goodnigh 7 285 09-07-2018, 07:20 PM
Last Post: goodnigh
  plastic fender to cowl filler panel trim information mach1000 6 684 03-13-2018, 08:37 AM
Last Post: mach1000
  Firewall Cowl Molding rocketfoot 9 764 02-15-2018, 06:07 PM
Last Post: rocketfoot
runninpony RH upper cowl piece with fender/hood apron attached NOT A T5 0 601 05-28-2017, 06:45 PM
Last Post: NOT A T5
  Clip Part Number and Thickness kcmash 4 600 03-01-2017, 04:04 PM
Last Post: OMS
  Cowl Drain Info Wanted/Weldless cowl repair? andy72 9 1,048 12-15-2016, 10:22 PM
Last Post: andy72

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)