• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
So I ordered an H pipe set from CJ Pony for V8 Small block long tubes . I put them on a week ago and there is about 4 inch gap between the 2 pipes that forms the H. Its a project car so its not a big deal but what do I do with that gap ? Can I still start it and stuff and how do I fix it! Thanks!
Just get a piece of exhaust tubing to fit between the two stubs, like this one from Jegs. Get it with the inside diameter the same as the outside diameter of the stubs.

If the stubs are different sizes you'll need to get one that has a swedged end, like this:

Or swedge your own:

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”
--Albert Einstein
I bought an h pipe set up for my 351 4v car from them and it was one piece. The crossover piece was welded on both sides. It actually fit pretty well.

run_horse Run Horse Run!
John 72 Q Code
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boss 351 exhaust manifolds Heardatbeat 8 696 03-16-2020, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Stanglover
  Exhaust sound clips 73' mach 1 16 949 02-24-2020, 10:02 AM
Last Post: 73pony
  Exhaust pipe adapter n_reckless 2 328 11-07-2019, 08:53 PM
Last Post: n_reckless
  Wanting to buy new exhaust system for my 351 C 4bbl, 73 mach 1, suggestions? Zatherith 17 1,236 10-27-2019, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Don C
  351C 4V Exhaust system kcmash 14 3,677 08-09-2019, 04:57 PM
Last Post: goodnigh

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)