• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
73 convertible rear quarter panel replacement
#1
Hi again, I posted this before in another (Aesthetics, Interior and Exterior) and got some great advice, but I still don't have the nerve or the skills/tools to attempt a project of this scope.

That being said there seems to be very little documented information on how this job is accomplished on a 71-73 convertible. (most of what I found was for fastbacks and coupes).

Has anyone done this repair and if so can we see some pictures?

Regards, Chet
  Reply
#2
The process is the same, you just need to be more careful with a convertible that that chassis is properly supported. I did the quarters on my old '73 vert and just added some extra jack stands under the rear frame rails. OMS has full convertible quarters available; more cutting and welding, less body work than the skins.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-new-f...onvertible

Make sure you do a thorough inspection of the rest of the chassis to identify 85% of your rust issues. The other 15% can only be found once you start cutting into the car... Smile


  Reply
#3
Pm me I'd be more than happy to do the job for you at my new shop..You can see lots of the work I did on my 72 https://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzenut/videos
My advise is to do the full panels vs skins..to do the skins properly for a invisible repair requires knowing how weld a butt joint..I've yet to see a skin done where they didn't "overlap" the joint where the 2 panels meet

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART
  Reply
Share Thread:  


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Patching up the quarter panel - how I did it. Bentworker 10 269 06-20-2019, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs
  Tail Light Seal Replacement EdM 2 167 06-10-2019, 07:04 AM
Last Post: mustang7173
  Rear Quarter Panel Replacement mach351thunder 4 276 06-06-2019, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Newold
  Rear Valence hole location kcmash 17 545 06-02-2019, 01:45 PM
Last Post: kcmash
  Partial Quarter Replacement Vinnie 4 207 05-26-2019, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Fabrice
  Replacement rear window/ trunk filler panel. New72 5 239 05-14-2019, 11:59 AM
Last Post: New72
  Convertible trunk mounting - screw locations Boss1Ray 7 246 05-14-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs
  Removing crease in top quarter panel Vinnie 12 464 04-30-2019, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)