• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxygen Sensor Anyone
There has been a couple of posts regarding carburetor adjustments the past couple of weeks, so I thought this would be a good time to inquire:

1. Has anyone installed an OXYGEN SENSOR into their headers or exhaust to help tune their carburetor?

2. Was the installation time/expense worth the effort?

3. Any installation hints?

Thanks.

[Image: 11jmcuc.png]
351C Bold Manners, Brash Attitude
Favorite Teams: Michigan Wolverines and Whoever Is Playing Ohio State.

When I drive past a herd of cows, the cows MOO at me
Wolverine;63276 Wrote:There has been a couple of posts regarding carburetor adjustments the past couple of weeks, so I thought this would be a good time to inquire:

1. Has anyone installed an OXYGEN SENSOR into their headers or exhaust to help tune their carburetor?

2. Was the installation time/expense worth the effort?

3. Any installation hints?

Thanks.

I have an AEM O2 sensor and A/F gauge (no data logging). The best advice I can give is that the gauge in itself is only a tool. You have to study and understand how and why a carburetor works. Don't be a slave to a number. How the car runs and how the plugs look are the real determining factors on well a carb is tuned. The gauge just makes it a whole lot easier to get there. Innovate Motorsports General Tuning Forum is a great place to learn.

73 conv. 460, D0VE large valve heads, Performer RPM manifold, Voodoo 227/233 cam, Holley 950 HP carb, C6 trans, 3.25 trak-loc.
TommyK nailed it. Chuck
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oil and temp sensor Mike 3 669 04-20-2015, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Don C
  speed sensor? ksschraml 1 1,522 06-21-2012, 06:37 AM
Last Post: Tnfastbk
  Speedo Sensor rocketfoot 3 1,103 08-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Last Post: rocketfoot