• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for all of you 73 guys who want to lose weight like me
here are a few pics of crites alumium bumper brackets and fiberglass bumper.

i plan on completely swapping the brackets and swapping the bumper when needed.

Attached Files
.jpg   alumn73mustgbumperbrkts.jpg (Size: 146.89 KB / Downloads: 231)
.jpg   insideofbumper73must.jpg (Size: 134.73 KB / Downloads: 231)
Cool. I have a fiberglass bumper - had to make my own brackets because I don't think they had aluminum brackets when I got my bumper.
dohebert;63181 Wrote:Cool. I have a fiberglass bumper - had to make my own brackets because I don't think they had aluminum brackets when I got my bumper.

How much do the fiberglass bumpers run and where do you get them?

Kevin

1971 Mach 1
408C Stroker
C4 w/3,000 stall
8.8" Rear w/3.73's
Disc brakes all way around.

[Image: 28ivsix.png]

http://www.galaxieclub.com/crites/crites.html

Check this link for Crites contact info.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  
1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 
1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 
1973 Mach 1 (parts car)
Guys,
I have one ordered already. I should have it shortly. Crites makes most items in house and it is on a as ordered basis and worth the wait. They also repro the 71 429 radiator shroud, if anyone needs one.
Thanks, Jay
The best place to remove weight is off the nose.

Jeff T.

Low buck, touring style, '73 Convertible "rolling restoration", 351c, 2v heads with a shave and a haircut, Performer intake, Holley 650(ish), roller rockers, screw in studs, guideplates, stainless valves, Duraspark / Motorsports MSD, T-5 conversion. 1-1/8" front, 3/4" rear swaybars KYB shocks and some home brewed subframe connectors. Future plans; JGC steering box, Cobra brakes and... paint, interior, etc.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passenger.

[Image: 1_12_09_14_10_15_11.png]
I believe I took off as much as I could being that I am going to run a 460. Between the bumper, brackets and cast iron intake, I had to lose at least a hundred or so.
Thanks, Jay
clevelandcoupe;63207 Wrote:I believe I took off as much as I could being that I am going to run a 460. Between the bumper, brackets and cast iron intake, I had to lose at least a hundred or so.
Thanks, Jay

same here, i need to do the bumper stuff. i will be running a alumium intake and headers instead of manifolds. having alumium wheels help too. my old 15x7 magnum 500 weighed more than my 17x8 alumium wheels and my 17x11 alumiums on my street tires. also not to mention having 15x4's in the front with front runners.

for the interior, i am only putting back in a factory looking carpet. i'm going to replace the door panels with alumium silver panel and no back seat. the front seats will be 2 kirkey seats. but not to mention XX lbs of bars for the roll cage.
droptop73;63205 Wrote:The best place to remove weight is off the nose.

Really the why is it most noticed off the rearHuh
hey guys i have been thinking of shaving some weight as well. my idea i don't know if it will work but i want to try is, taking the front bumper iron out of the cover and welding up a aluminum one and putting the cover back on. is it possible to get the cover off without ruining it?
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question for you body guys **Update pics** matrixx 11 1,878 04-27-2013, 11:55 PM
Last Post: Austin Vert
  73 Mustang Iron Headed 460 Weight BigPinoyHunk 4 1,012 03-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MotoArts
  SN95 Cobra Wheels on my mustang? What do you guys think? aasukisuki 21 3,161 05-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Jeff73Mach1
  Question for guys who had their cars painted f117rt 2 874 01-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Last Post: OMS