• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1972 Mustang Mach 1 title wanted
Hello, I have a 1972 Mustang Mach 1 that belonged to my uncle who passed away years ago. Unfortunately we cant find the title and/or any paper work to apply for a lost title & the state (PA) is giving me a hard time. My father & I are really looking forward to restoring it together. If anyone has a title/vin they would like to sell please message me. Its a 351C 4bbl automatic with air. Thank you.
Based on the information you have provided, I would suggest you contact Marti Motor Works to see about possibly acquiring documentation on your Uncle's 1972 Mustang.

http://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm

I certainly would not suggest or otherwise condone "buying" another Title/VIN (from a different Mustang) or anything of that nature. I am pretty sure such an action would be illegal in Pennsylvania and most (if not all) other States in the Union.

With the "Marti" documentation, you may be able to work forward to the point where you can find something on when the Mustang was last registered.

On another subject, when you get the time please go into the "Introduction" Forum and "introduce" yourself so that we may give you a proper Welcome.

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.
I don't know about penn. But in nevada a death certificate and the next of kin should be capable of filing a lost title form which when accompined with a bill of sale will transfer ownership.
Yeah, bad news to try to "re-VIN" a car. Big time felony in most states (that I know of).

Steve

[Image: 25yvyp3.jpg]
cobra3073;61207 Wrote:Based on the information you have provided, I would suggest you contact Marti Motor Works to see about possibly acquiring documentation on your Uncle's 1972 Mustang.

http://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm

I certainly would not suggest or otherwise condone "buying" another Title/VIN (from a different Mustang) or anything of that nature. I am pretty sure such an action would be illegal in Pennsylvania and most (if not all) other States in the Union.

BT

PLUS 1 with B.T. cannot re-title / re-vin

Try the family insurance agent, at one point the car had to be insured
or
The bank he dealt with, did he ever have a loan on it.
"Re-VIN." Isn't that what chop-shops do? And don't they go to jail for that (when caught)?

Yeah... not a good idea.

Eric

[Image: mach1sig2.gif]
I think it can be done legally but I think there is a lot of hassle to it and you would have to prove ownership of both cars anyways.

'Mike'
73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in:
Im really surpize they won't give you a temp title in PA....Here in washington...If someone dies or leaves a car at your house with no title...The DMV will make you take it down to the D.O.T...they will check it over and make sure its not stolen...Then they will issue you a title that is good for 5 years...A temp title...After 5 years is up...It becomes legaly all yours ...but with the title you can drive it and everything...And very doutfull anyone will pop up in 5 years and say...Its my car!! Plus they need proof...lol
cant you try a title company etc? there has got to be a way to do it for a 40 year old car
Here in Kansas I just take the VIN down to the DMV and pat $10 to look up the last title info. I have done it several times on cars I had no info at all on and got a title.

1965 D Code
[Image: 64-dcode-200x83.jpg]
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  73 wanted Front hood molding batwrangler 3 124 08-19-2018, 09:47 PM
Last Post: Motorcity Mustang
  Looking for 73 mustang turn signal/parking light assembly rjlope 1 86 08-16-2018, 10:51 AM
Last Post: secluff
  1972 ginger steering wheel Nige 7 284 07-30-2018, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Motorcity Mustang
  Wanted to buy 1Goldcjmach 2 134 07-29-2018, 08:10 AM
Last Post: 1Goldcjmach
  [WTB] Parts for a 1971 Mach 1 Heardatbeat 8 400 05-29-2018, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs
  73 Mustang Power Steering fluid Cooler/Compressor Bolts bigfootlarry 1 184 05-11-2018, 03:50 PM
Last Post: 3514boltstang
  [WTB] 1973 Mustang Rear Retractable Seat Belts AOCUSNRET 3 277 05-11-2018, 11:00 AM
Last Post: AOCUSNRET
  71 - 73 Mustang Fastback rear windshield trim clevelandcoupe 2 282 04-23-2018, 08:09 AM
Last Post: clevelandcoupe