• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what kind of Dis should I get.
Alright I know how you guys feel about that HEI i have up front but why is eveeryone so angry at it?

I am looking to get a another one that might be a little smaller, but I want to stay away from points

I am not sure why people get the ignition boxes with it.

I want it to be simply, I am not trying to run a coil as well. I hope that is not too much...lol....

1973 MACH ONE H CODE "RUSS"
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MAA-4756701/ i have this on mine have to run coil with it but it works great but buy an extra http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MAA-605/

[Image: 2zdx09d.png]
Yea,Tho i cruise through the valley of the shadow of rice,I will fear no Turbo,For Torque art with me.Thy rods and crankshaft,they comfort me. Big Grin Robert
The part is a ignition switch what does that replace on my factory

Mallory unilite dist have a optical ignition module inside the dist. if you order the unilite dist. order a extra module in case the one in the dist goes bad , most part stores do not carry them. When i got my mustang the alternator wasn't charging and i jumped the regulator and it blew the module in the dist. i had to wait three weeks for them to arrive in the mail plus i bought 2 so i would have a spare [Image: IM002773-2.jpg] plus dist is small enough to run ram air

[Image: 2zdx09d.png]
Yea,Tho i cruise through the valley of the shadow of rice,I will fear no Turbo,For Torque art with me.Thy rods and crankshaft,they comfort me. Big Grin Robert
Have you checked into the Ford Duraspark? I dont know your engine,but the duraspark is a electronic dist. and can be recurved to suit your engine very easily. I think you'll also find there much cheaper to purchase. They feature the same combo of vacum for street manners and a mechanical for performance tuning. I'm going big block, modified and am still going duraspark with recurving to match my cam and engine performance.
I know some of us gave you a bad time about it, but bottom line, it's your car, and if the HEI is serving the purpose that you want it to (and you don't mind how it looks) keep it. They've been around for quite a while and are probably reliable.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”
--Albert Einstein
Don C;60202 Wrote:I know some of us gave you a bad time about it, but bottom line, it's your car, and if the HEI is serving the purpose that you want it to (and you don't mind how it looks) keep it. They've been around for quite a while and are probably reliable.

Yep, me being one of them, but if it works and you like it, Keep it.
X2 on the duraspark if you're inclined to change, it does require an external coil though. The only distributor I know of that has an integral coil is the HEI. I used one in my GTO years ago, they are EXTREMELY reliable and simple. Either way you cannot go wrong using OEM designed and built parts for reliability and both can be re-curved for decent performance.

Jeff T.

Low buck, touring style, '73 Convertible "rolling restoration", 351c, 2v heads with a shave and a haircut, Performer intake, Holley 650(ish), roller rockers, screw in studs, guideplates, stainless valves, Duraspark / Motorsports MSD, T-5 conversion. 1-1/8" front, 3/4" rear swaybars KYB shocks and some home brewed subframe connectors. Future plans; JGC steering box, Cobra brakes and... paint, interior, etc.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passenger.

[Image: 1_12_09_14_10_15_11.png]
This is what I got: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AAZ-30-2893/

A reman duraspark dist. I'm using it to trigger an MSD 6AL box, with MSD coil. I'm using a points style cap. This will fit under the ram air setup, if you still want one.

Duraspark re-curve instructions: http://reincarnation-automotive.com/Dura...index.html

1973 Mach 1 Q code 351 4V, 9A paint, standard interior, 3.50 rear, C6 trans.
The only reason I will change it is to run the ram air, if this is to tall, The HEI are good dist, they just maybe sit too high, but I wanted to get some thoughts going. I will take the beating all day and keep a smile on my face,lol thanks guys

Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What kind of 3 speed is this? Odmark 2 413 02-09-2017, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Odmark