• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 MCA National Show
It's official, well has been for a couple of months, the National 2014 MCA show will be in Lincoln, NE Aug. 2014. Lincoln is centrally located and within easy driving distance (8-10 hrs) of Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Denver, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Denver. I'm hoping that we have some good turnout for 71-73 Mustangs!! I'm sure that mine will not be ready unless I win the lottery and develop some major skills FAST. But, I guess if I win big enough I can hire someone to do it all Big Grin. I'm not very involved with the local groups because of my work schedule but will keep you guys in the loop with info as it becomes available. Also, would be willing to do some advertising for the site when the time comes.
Is the MCA National Show 2014 a happening regarding to the Mustang 50th year anniversary?

T-K;59502 Wrote:Is the MCA National Show 2014 a happening regarding to the Mustang 50th year anniversary?

Ditto - is this the "big one" or just one of four or five national shows. I assume the 50th will be in Dearborn but I do not see anything on the mustang.org website yet.

I'm under the M in the sign. This was from the 2011 Grand National in Waldorf MD.
Like I said in the initial post...I'm not involved with the local club because of work. I, like some uneducated people, assumed that National meant a major once a year thing, but apparently I was wrong. Angel

From what I've read today, I'm now assuming that it is one of the several National Shows. That does not change my offer or hoping that some of us can make a trip in Lincoln. This is what I've gathered. This show will be in August of 2014 held in downtown Lincoln, NE. The city of Lincoln is in the process of building a new arena with open air "festival space" and large 1700 space parking lot attached. The city has offered this space for the event, they are also asking that the local minor league baseball team have a game that weekend as a tie-in...the ball field is adjacent to the area also. Embassy Suits will be the host hotel and is about 3 blocks from the arena. Also, Speedway Motors is located in Lincoln and the owner Bill Smith has a large car collection/speed museum that will be part of the events on Friday. There will also be a road course.

I know this is a long ways off but some people want/need to plan ahead for things like this.
Shawn
I've tried several times to go to the MCA website and get a google warning about viruses. I'm not going to risk it.

Jeff T.

Low buck, touring style, '73 Convertible "rolling restoration", 351c, 2v heads with a shave and a haircut, Performer intake, Holley 650(ish), roller rockers, screw in studs, guideplates, stainless valves, Duraspark / Motorsports MSD, T-5 conversion. 1-1/8" front, 3/4" rear swaybars KYB shocks and some home brewed subframe connectors. Future plans; JGC steering box, Cobra brakes and... paint, interior, etc.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passenger.

[Image: 1_12_09_14_10_15_11.png]
The 2012 Grand national is going to be held in Mustang, Oklahoma the first part of September. If anyone plans on coming let me know so we can do a face to face meet and greet, have a beer or three, and talk cars. Chuck
GreenGold73;59555 Wrote:Like I said in the initial post...I'm not involved with the local club because of work. I, like some uneducated people, assumed that National meant a major once a year thing, but apparently I was wrong. Angel

From what I've read today, I'm now assuming that it is one of the several National Shows. That does not change my offer or hoping that some of us can make a trip in Lincoln. This is what I've gathered. This show will be in August of 2014 held in downtown Lincoln, NE. The city of Lincoln is in the process of building a new arena with open air "festival space" and large 1700 space parking lot attached. The city has offered this space for the event, they are also asking that the local minor league baseball team have a game that weekend as a tie-in...the ball field is adjacent to the area also. Embassy Suits will be the host hotel and is about 3 blocks from the arena. Also, Speedway Motors is located in Lincoln and the owner Bill Smith has a large car collection/speed museum that will be part of the events on Friday. There will also be a road course.

I know this is a long ways off but some people want/need to plan ahead for things like this.
Shawn

Thanks for posting the heads up!! We went to a, if not "the" 45th Mustang show at Barbor Motor Sports Park outside Birmingham in the spring of '09... That was well attended and Ford did a nice job supporting... I would imagine the 50th will be bigger yet!
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2018 MCA Mustang National Show 7/13-7/15 Mach_One 6 324 07-16-2018, 10:11 AM
Last Post: bkdunha
  MCA Grand National, Overland Park, KS 8/25-8/27 bkdunha 10 980 08-31-2017, 06:41 PM
Last Post: JD79
  Iola show 7/6 - 7/8 bkdunha 6 722 06-23-2017, 12:19 PM
Last Post: 73pony
  Hot rod and classics show and cruise 73pony 5 775 08-29-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: DK73
  Chuck Meeks Memorial Car Show ejnonamaker 0 543 05-24-2016, 11:28 PM
Last Post: ejnonamaker
  Car Show and Ribfest Cole Schmersal 0 507 05-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Cole Schmersal
  IZZY'S CLASSY CAR SHOW 73pony 3 1,017 08-16-2015, 02:40 AM
Last Post: DK73
  Utica Car Show jpaz 0 697 08-06-2015, 08:28 AM