• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
door panel repair
I have a small hole in my driver side door panel, and you can tell the other guy tried to cover it up. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good kit I could get or some tricks I could use to fix this issue.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1973 MACH ONE H CODE "RUSS"
rentascout;59078 Wrote:I have a small hole in my driver side door panel, and you can tell the other guy tried to cover it up. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good kit I could get or some tricks I could use to fix this issue.
The prior owner toasted that repair & made it worse..Best bet on that is to check with the local car dealers..Speak to the service manager..Ask who they use for their interior vinyl repairs..There are mobile services who will come & do that repair..Dealers use them all the time ..

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART
Or buy a new pair from me for 315.00

Remember that is 40 year old vinyl - where will it crack next
Don

Ohio Mustang Supply
440-949-2556

[Image: oms_sig_banner.jpg]
Yeah I am not really hurting on my money right now , however, spending 315 dollars on a brand new set of door when all I need is one that is slightly worn is not in that cards,lol. I wish

Take a look at mine and feel better instantly. Angry

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 1z21rv4.png]

Mike

"If I were you...... I´d rather be me."  Tongue

Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

I agree with Q -
After being in the used car business for a while, we had some mobile repair guys that were VERY good. And they were quick. Most used car managers will be able to give you some contacts. But drop by in person. They won't help much if you just call. Ask for a few of their cards so you can pass them out to friends when they are looking for a car...
They like that...

Good luck!
Be sure and post pictures of the results!

Ray

1971 Boss 351  
1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 
1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 
1973 Mach 1 (parts car)
luxstang;59152 Wrote:Take a look at mine and feel better instantly. Angry

This is exactly how mine look.
Do you think these repair guys could fix them?
I will contact a few guys on monday and I am sure I can get someone out here to fix it for pretty cheap

The problem being they are old door panels and will need replacing sometime.
The other problem is the panels you need may not be available in 6 months or a year.
It happens. Or the independents will be bought by a larger company so you now have
only one choice. That happens too. I would buy new panels even if you don't install
them right now.

mike

[Image: 1_11_11_13_11_50_27.png]
I got some new panels.
I only have a hard time getting the tints here, as the panels are off white (like original) but the new handles only come in black. That sucks big time.
Then to make matters worse, I had tinted the original interior with VHT Vinyl Dye that is bright white, so the rear quarter panels and the seat covers are bright white and the new door panels are off white.
I considered simply using the white dye on the new door panels and the handles, but sooner or later the seat covers will need to be replaced and they will come in, you guessed it: Off white again!
So I gotta find some off white dye to dye the handles, rear quarters and bucket seat backs in order to go back to the factory off white, so that everything will match.
Only, this is not the US and getting the dye is not as easy as it should be....... :-(

[Image: 1z21rv4.png]

Mike

"If I were you...... I´d rather be me."  Tongue

Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  door guts Copestang 1 182 07-24-2018, 06:35 AM
Last Post: mustang7173
  How to repair rust under Battery tray? f117rt 20 7,794 07-22-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: tony-muscle