• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally bought my personal car haulers - problem though
i purchased the pefect length trailer for the prefect price recently to haul the mustang to shows/races/races/races Big GrinBig Grin.

its a 16x8.5 but only comes with 4 feet ramps. my friends and i played with a certain few ways to do it and nothing works. we tried adding another car ramp tire with the ramps on the car already, fail. i tried putting my truck rear tires on the ramps and pu the short 4 feet ramps on it sit hits the front spoiler really hard but stil, fail.

what is the trick of getting our lowered/front spoiler stangs on the trailers? the u-hauls i always get i would lift the front as much as i can and then the front spoiler would only rub a little bit and it would drive on ok. i think the ramps were at least 8 feet long i think.

ideas? helphelp
Dove tail trailer and longer ramps.
c9zx;56945 Wrote:Dove tail trailer and longer ramps.

will 6 feet ramps make that much of a difference? this isnt a dove tail, a dovetail was available was it was the narrower model and wasn't only 100 dollars cheaper.
Wish I could help but I have an 18' tilt bed. Is it possible to buy a stinger with about an 8-12" offset, invert it, then jack the trailer up and connect to that while loading/unloading? A bit of a hassle, but would change the approach angle.

Steve
rvrtrash;56949 Wrote:Wish I could help but I have an 18' tilt bed. Is it possible to buy a stinger with about an 8-12" offset, invert it, then jack the trailer up and connect to that while loading/unloading? A bit of a hassle, but would change the approach angle.

Steve

i could invision jacking up the trailer so many inches but you can only jack up the front of the tailer so high before the back end of the truck starts to really lift up and possible pull the tires off the ground.
There is a neat lil gizmo that the rat rod guys use... A buddy of mine has one in the car club in in... I will get the real name from him next meet up... His dodge is inches from the ground andvhe loads it up for long hauls
rvrtrash;56949 Wrote:Wish I could help but I have an 18' tilt bed. Is it possible to buy a stinger with about an 8-12" offset, invert it, then jack the trailer up and connect to that while loading/unloading? A bit of a hassle, but would change the approach angle.

Steve
+1 on the tilt bed ! I don't use ramps. You need a dove tail like Chuck said, and even then will probably have to jack it up. A cheap trailer is not always cheap in the long run, ask me how I know?Blush

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 16kuyc0.jpg]
Jack the front of the trailer up as suggested and stagger stack 2 or 3 2"x12" sections under the end of the ramps (making the ramps longer).
How hard is it to remove the spoiler? Idea Mayby figured out a quick release to take the spoiler off when towing. I bought an 18 foot car hauler last March, but have had no reason to put a car on it yet. I guess I need to try it out!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony

Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

[Image: 20180127_082009.jpg]

upload a photo on internet

xoliex;56944 Wrote:i purchased the pefect length trailer for the prefect price recently to haul the mustang to shows/races/races/races Big GrinBig Grin.

its a 16x8.5 but only comes with 4 feet ramps. my friends and i played with a certain few ways to do it and nothing works. we tried adding another car ramp tire with the ramps on the car already, fail. i tried putting my truck rear tires on the ramps and pu the short 4 feet ramps on it sit hits the front spoiler really hard but stil, fail.

what is the trick of getting our lowered/front spoiler stangs on the trailers? the u-hauls i always get i would lift the front as much as i can and then the front spoiler would only rub a little bit and it would drive on ok. i think the ramps were at least 8 feet long i think.

ideas? helphelp

I ran into same type of situation, took about 15 minutes to remove the spoiler, quickest solution I could come up with at the time.

Jim

M code 71 Mach 1, 351 4V Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Trans, 3.5 rear
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mustang Memories Car Show Stanglover 9 199 Yesterday, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Stanglover
  What did you do to your car today? droptop73 5,981 602,319 08-19-2018, 03:28 AM
Last Post: NOT A T5
  71-73 Car Covers rocketfoot 10 303 08-17-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: rocketfoot
  SCJ Project car value and parts question atvdave 1 155 08-11-2018, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Don C
  It's been a long time...but it's finally back!! timsweet 7 287 07-15-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Mister 4x4
  Took my car to the drags!! Stanglover 12 450 07-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Stanglover
  Kool things previous owners left behind in your car kevken1959 36 1,912 05-14-2018, 07:14 PM
Last Post: kevken1959
  1971 Airways - Carop Rental Car ad Boss1Ray 0 546 05-10-2018, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Boss1Ray