• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1971 M code 4 speed Mach 1 or 1971 M-code 4 speed convertible?
If you had to choose only 1 which one will you have and why? Assuming both are in equal condition...
Convertible... just gotta. I love driving a convertible with the top down on a nice summer day! Nothing to do with value or resale, just the fun factor.

Jeff T.

Low buck, touring style, '73 Convertible "rolling restoration", 351c, 2v heads with a shave and a haircut, Performer intake, Holley 650(ish), roller rockers, screw in studs, guideplates, stainless valves, Duraspark / Motorsports MSD, T-5 conversion. 1-1/8" front, 3/4" rear swaybars KYB shocks and some home brewed subframe connectors. Future plans; JGC steering box, Cobra brakes and... paint, interior, etc.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passenger.

[Image: 1_12_09_14_10_15_11.png]
I would take the Mach 1 just like the body style better. Only had a couple convertible's ( 92 Mustang and a 68 GTO ) and did not have much luck with them top wise. But the main reason i would take the Mach is a better roof over my head. I rolled a car over 5 times one night and that convinced me i don't like to own convertible's. They are pretty cars but not for me.

[Image: 2zdx09d.png]
Yea,Tho i cruise through the valley of the shadow of rice,I will fear no Turbo,For Torque art with me.Thy rods and crankshaft,they comfort me. Big Grin Robert
Good point Thundert! Maybe get a convertible with a Shelby roll bar...just kidding!
classicsguy;44973 Wrote:Good point Thundert! Maybe get a convertible with a Shelby roll bar...just kidding!

Roll bar wouldn't work to good for me, the night i rolled the car i didn't have seat belt on shrug2

[Image: 2zdx09d.png]
Yea,Tho i cruise through the valley of the shadow of rice,I will fear no Turbo,For Torque art with me.Thy rods and crankshaft,they comfort me. Big Grin Robert
That's a tough call. I know both.Cool
I like the looks of the Mach 1 better hands down. BUT if it was an M code 4 speed convertible I think I would go for the convertible now and the Mach 1 to follow some day down the road. How often do M code 4 speed convertibles come available?
classicsguy;44964 Wrote:If you had to choose only 1 which one will you have and why? Assuming both are in equal condition...

I've never been able to choose just one! I'm a convertible type of guy but I love the look of a Mach 1 just slightly more than I like the look of a 71-2 vert!...just slightly tho b/c the verts look awesome!
Steven Harris;44985 Wrote:I like the looks of the Mach 1 better hands down. BUT if it was an M code 4 speed convertible I think I would go for the convertible now and the Mach 1 to follow some day down the road. How often do M code 4 speed convertibles come available?

I'd choose the vert for just this reason!

[Image: 386_07_10_13_5_58_42.jpeg]
My Mustangs:
71 M-code Mach 1, Medium Blue/White Sport, 4R70W, 3L50, Factory Ram Air.
72 Q-code Mach 1, Pewter/Black Sport, 4-spd, 3L25.
65 Convertible, Britney Blue/White/White, more modified than original.
05 Convertible, Legend Lime/Tan/Tan, future classic??
Normally i would pick the Mach1.

But hook up that convertible with front and rear spoilers, ram air /NASA hood and Mach1 stripes......i guess i have choosed the convertible this time because of M-code and 4-speed.
Hey Classicguy!!... I would go for the Mach 1 too... I have nothing against verts and particulary in our era mustangs, verts are trully beautiful cars Smile But in my opinion Mach1 7173 cars are the representative cars of our era stangs so... i definitelly go for that...

Besides you live here in south america if i dont remember it wrong... At least in my latitude, verts are not the type of cars you want to drive... Not only because of the long winter season but most important because they are considered more "show off" cars and at least in here, bad people who scratches you car of thieves are everywhere... If i´m not able to drive my car safely and enjoy it as it is supposed to, i dont want the car... that´s my policy at least Tongue

Anyway... that´s my 2 cents!

Damián Cool

[Image: 120x45bk1ani.gif]
Vote For 7173Mustangs.Com Every Day!
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great 71 Mach article from Mustang 360 newsletter Pegleg 2 149 08-08-2018, 10:53 PM
Last Post: kcmash
  72 Q Code, what do you think? Thin Lizzy 8 281 08-03-2018, 01:56 AM
Last Post: Thin Lizzy
Wrench What's in a Mach 1? drsharp 12 411 07-29-2018, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs
runninpony Best engine for Mach 1 MissingNo. 20 802 07-22-2018, 11:37 PM
Last Post: EdM
  Mach 1 grille running horse mod mach1000 19 2,613 07-15-2018, 11:39 PM
Last Post: jessemotive
runninpony TURBO MACH 1 MissingNo. 0 185 07-13-2018, 03:25 AM
Last Post: MissingNo.
  1971 FMX to AOD Conversion tfowler9 16 609 07-12-2018, 06:48 PM