• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help wiring a stop light!
Hey guys. I picked up a stop light at the local parts swap meet this summer and need some help wiring it up. Its an older stop light that i am restoring and plan on hanging outside my garage between the two garage doors. It is just going to have simple household 60 watt house lights and sockets inside. The thing is i would really like to get them to blink red green yellow. One after the other. Does anyone know what kind of timed relay i could use for this? are there any out there that could run all three separately or will i have to get 3 separate timers, one for each light and set them up to blink at different times? I rather not just have them all on and all off, thats no fun.Smile Any help or hints you guys might have would be greatly appriciated. what timers to buy or anything! Thanks
Kevin

Kevin

1971 Mach 1
408C Stroker
C4 w/3,000 stall
8.8" Rear w/3.73's
Disc brakes all way around.

[Image: 28ivsix.png]

turtle5353;44292 Wrote:Hey guys. I picked up a stop light at the local parts swap meet this summer and need some help wiring it up. Its an older stop light that i am restoring and plan on hanging outside my garage between the two garage doors. It is just going to have simple household 60 watt house lights and sockets inside. The thing is i would really like to get them to blink red green yellow. One after the other. Does anyone know what kind of timed relay i could use for this? are there any out there that could run all three separately or will i have to get 3 separate timers, one for each light and set them up to blink at different times? I rather not just have them all on and all off, thats no fun.Smile Any help or hints you guys might have would be greatly appriciated. what timers to buy or anything! Thanks
Kevin
Just what the doctor ordered T.
http://www.trafficlights.com/T3ad.htm

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART
that looks like it would do the job just fine. nice find!

Kevin

1971 Mach 1
408C Stroker
C4 w/3,000 stall
8.8" Rear w/3.73's
Disc brakes all way around.

[Image: 28ivsix.png]

Your neighbors will love you, as I do mine.
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Snowy day..Did not stop me from going shooting ;) hyena429 11 986 12-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Last Post: hyena429
  needing astre tail light panel snakebite8 2 400 11-04-2013, 03:19 AM
Last Post: snakebite8
  Stop Motion Animation from Ford HighOctane 1 560 12-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Last Post: OLE PONY
  Stop anime engine rebuild hyena429 9 1,103 07-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Last Post: droptop73
  Let there be light....! (Great score) luxstang 16 1,800 04-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Last Post: guys72Mach1
  Big Brother BS has to stop Tnfastbk 11 1,761 03-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Last Post: OLE PONY