Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy
T-K;43942 Wrote:Looks really nice!
Last bid was $37.000, its now relisted.

Too bad the 429 cars are so expensiveSad

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NUT-BOLT-...20bf7a0f70
Having an appreciation for the tariffs and taxes one has to pay to import one, I can certainly appreciate your comments about expensiveSmile!

That having been said, we here in the Continental U.S. have the option of picking up base 460s that are much more common and upgrading them to way beyond any 429 (CJ or SCJ) relatively cheaply and transplanting same into any '71 - '73 Mustangs.

The fact that the 429CJ/SCJ came in the '71 Mustang means one can also obtain parts for a modified '72 or '73 using "stock" parts from the local part houses, in many cases.

In short, we can build 'em better than "they" did back in the daySmile!

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.
Now thats nice
Now that is one pretty car! So thats what they look like finished! Tongue

[Image: 2rr7aiv.png]

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.
That is one fine looking automobile.

Oddly enough, I've never been keen on the 'reverse' argent treatment. How cool would a shiny black car like that look with a complete flat-black finished set of stripes, hood paint, rockers, and Mach 1 decals?

Eric

[Image: mach1sig2.gif]
Looking at those pictures, makes me think I need to be looking for the rear quarter window hardware for roll down... that is a nice look
Yes very nice BUT the panel lines sheet metal alignment sucks..I can never understand why when someone takes the time & spends the money for this caliber of car they don't give the same attention & detail to the alignment of the sheet metal. IT'S THE FIRST THING YOU SEE ! On that car it would drive me nuts the way the trunk lid fits & the way the hood is bulging up above the fenders, The hood is dented in on both twist locks becuase of the poor alignment of the locks. Just to mention a few in a quick look I took at the pics. Simple fixes Before the car was painted..not so simple now. To be frank when you get into the big dollars this seller is looking for.. there's some serious flaws that takes away value to the car. 37 large is more than fair given the serious flaws In the body I see just from the pics. That car isn't going to sell for what the owner wants Mark my words.

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART
Qcode351mach;44014 Wrote:Yes very nice BUT the panel lines sheet metal alignment sucks..I can never understand why when someone takes the time & spends the money for this caliber of car they don't give the same attention & detail to the alignment of the sheet metal. IT'S THE FIRST THING YOU SEE ! On that car it would drive me nuts the way the trunk lid fits & the way the hood is bulging up above the fenders, The hood is dented in on both twist locks becuase of the poor alignment of the locks. Just to mention a few in a quick look I took at the pics. Simple fixes Before the car was painted..not so simple now. To be frank when you get into the big dollars this seller is looking for.. there's some serious flaws that takes away value to the car. 37 large is more than fair given the serious flaws In the body I see just from the pics. That car isn't going to sell for what the owner wants Mark my words.
Scott you know theirs more I'm willing to bet.

Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nice Cougar for sale by WCCC John J 1 202 05-14-2018, 09:52 PM
Last Post: John J
  Nice car at our local Ford dealer luxstang 9 589 02-03-2018, 12:11 PM
Last Post: luxstang
  Nice Trip to Zimbabwe EdM 16 1,023 10-20-2017, 01:13 AM
Last Post: luxstang
  Had a Nice Four Days EdM 0 290 10-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Last Post: EdM
  I Had a Nice Long Weekend EdM 1 524 03-15-2016, 06:00 PM
Last Post: 73pony
  Friend's Nice Mopar Boss1Ray 14 1,339 02-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: jbojo
  nice December calendar suprise will e 3 628 12-04-2015, 09:29 AM
Last Post: will e
  Heads up on a non shipper for eBay 1973grandeklar 11 1,348 10-24-2015, 07:29 PM
Last Post: mpbsr