• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New 65's
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45102253/ns/business-autos/
I saw this too. Very cool but can I get an original Ford VIN with that please? :d
The article said you can transfer all the parts from your original beyond repair car. I bet you can't transfer it's VIN. I also bet you can't order one in Ford's parts catalog... fordrestorationparts.com

I'm not knocking it & that probably would have been cheaper for me to go that route with my 65 vert but feel sure I would have lost my VIN in the process.

[Image: 386_07_10_13_5_58_42.jpeg]
My Mustangs:
71 M-code Mach 1, Medium Blue/White Sport, 4R70W, 3L50, Factory Ram Air.
72 Q-code Mach 1, Pewter/Black Sport, 4-spd, 3L25.
65 Convertible, Britney Blue/White/White, more modified than original.
05 Convertible, Legend Lime/Tan/Tan, future classic??
Does anybody ever read the comments from these stories? Yeah - apparently most seem to think that Ford is going to start building 'new' old Mustangs, rather than an aftermarket company releasing repop bodies manufactured using Ford original tooling.

No wonder our government gets away with everything - nobody ever takes the time to actually read anything anymore. Wink

Eric

[Image: mach1sig2.gif]
Mister 4x4;41191 Wrote:Does anybody ever read the comments from these stories? Yeah - apparently most seem to think that Ford is going to start building 'new' old Mustangs, rather than an aftermarket company releasing repop bodies manufactured using Ford original tooling.

No wonder our government gets away with everything - nobody ever takes the time to actually read anything anymore. Wink

Eric, bodies are made by dynacorn
There is no original tooling involved here.
They already make 67, 68, 69 and 70 Mustang bodies

Ohio Mustang Supply
440-949-2556

[Image: oms_sig_banner.jpg]
Bottom line. It's a kit car

[Image: 2rr7aiv.png]

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.
OMS;41192 Wrote:
Mister 4x4;41191 Wrote:Does anybody ever read the comments from these stories? Yeah - apparently most seem to think that Ford is going to start building 'new' old Mustangs, rather than an aftermarket company releasing repop bodies manufactured using Ford original tooling.

Eric, bodies are made by dynacorn
There is no original tooling involved here.
They already make 67, 68, 69 and 70 Mustang bodies
I know... that's why I said 'aftermarket company releasing repop bodies.' I shoulda said original 'specs' instead of tooling, but it looks like you're kinda making my point for me, Don (by not reading everything I wrote). Wink

Trust me - I'm well aware Dynacorn cut-off their line in '70... for the Mustangs at least. But they have newer model years for other cars (I'd actually thought about getting a Challenger instead of my Mach 1).

BTW - Did you ever find me some fastback seat platforms?

Eric

[Image: mach1sig2.gif]
http://www.dynacorn.com/joepartsAsk.html I think we need to bombard them with emails wanting cowls made for our year model Mustangs. I have heard they are working on them but someone or something needs to speed them up Haha

[Image: 2zdx09d.png]
Yea,Tho i cruise through the valley of the shadow of rice,I will fear no Turbo,For Torque art with me.Thy rods and crankshaft,they comfort me. Big Grin Robert
If they started making all the sheetmetal for our cars that would be awesome.

[Image: 25rnz1y.jpg]

~Buddy
I like Robert's idea of bombarding them to make cowls for us. :d

[Image: 386_07_10_13_5_58_42.jpeg]
My Mustangs:
71 M-code Mach 1, Medium Blue/White Sport, 4R70W, 3L50, Factory Ram Air.
72 Q-code Mach 1, Pewter/Black Sport, 4-spd, 3L25.
65 Convertible, Britney Blue/White/White, more modified than original.
05 Convertible, Legend Lime/Tan/Tan, future classic??
Share Thread: