• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anybody spell out F-A-U-L-T-Y S-L-I-C-K-S???
i called up Mickey Thompson's tire department and pleaded my case with the external deformity of my new drag racing tires. they kept on replying there is something not wrong with them with all the bulges, dents, devits, and etc in the tires and replying the problems are with the tubes. well i'm not using tubes.

i decided to dismount the tire and take a look inside the tire and make sure my rims ain't bent.

here is what it looks like and it definately ain't normal. what you are seeing is on the ENTIRE sidewall on the outside part of the tire that faced away from the car.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be sure to E-Mail them that picture with where byou got them along with a cc to the attorney generals office in Hawaii and I think you'll hear something soon.

[Image: 2rr7aiv.png]

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.
markmel;37823 Wrote:Be sure to E-Mail them that picture with where byou got them along with a cc to the attorney generals office in Hawaii and I think you'll hear something soon.

and just to add, i only have 7 passes on them.

i emailed a guy to contact the pictures of the external deformities of the slicks and now today i emailed him the inside pics.

i don't recall why you say to CC the attorney generals office for.
Just a little leverage my freind. The AGO handles these types of disputes.

[Image: 2rr7aiv.png]

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.
That is called slippage but it also appears that it may be a manufacturing defect in that the belt was not molded to the rubber.

2011 Buick Regal
2010 Ford F150 Screw
2002 Triumph Trophy
1973 Dodge Challenger RT
1972 Mustang Grandé Coupe
1954 Ford F100
I believe the cords are what you see exposed. They should be imbedded in the rubber.
If you have a tire manufacturing plant nearby, it might be worthwhile to show them and get their opinion.
Or maybe just contact and email the pics and see if they can verify the issue.
One of their Quality Control guys might give you all the correct verbage to identify the problem.

Good luck! Ray

See the following I found online:

Ply

Plies are layers of relatively inextensible cords embedded in the rubber[17] to hold its shape by preventing the rubber from stretching in response to the internal pressure. The orientations of the plies plays a large role in the performance of the tire and is one of the main ways that tires are categorized.

1971 Boss 351  
1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 
1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 
1973 Mach 1 (parts car)
well with a whole week going by with no response from the guys, i email them once more and CC'ing the company i bought them from and attaching the pics of them defects of them. i get a response immediately!!! DodgyDodgyDodgy

the guy i emailed immediately forwarded the email to the warranty guy and that guy replied back to me with in minutes of receiving his email. they replied by saying they WILL fix this quickly.

maybe them seeing on how the tires looks got them freaking the hell out and how something of this defective came out of their factory.

hopefully, they will send me new tires and receive them before next friday is when i leave for this up and coming deployment.
xoliex;37972 Wrote:well with a whole week going by with no response from the guys, i email them once more and CC'ing the company i bought them from and attaching the pics of them defects of them. i get a response immediately!!! DodgyDodgyDodgy

the guy i emailed immediately forwarded the email to the warranty guy and that guy replied back to me with in minutes of receiving his email. they replied by saying they WILL fix this quickly.

maybe them seeing on how the tires looks got them freaking the hell out and how something of this defective came out of their factory.

hopefully, they will send me new tires and receive them before next friday is when i leave for this up and coming deployment.
Hey Olie,
Took them that long to address the problem? So sad and what kinda quality control is that? What's worse is these tires used on a race car with serious horse power. Glad you caught this before any serious problems or harm done. I just ordered a set of MT Sportsmans and I need to give those a good inspection. I doubt Hoosier would ever have these issues. Good luck!
DJ
This morning I received a call from the warranty manager and he said he's sending me two new tires free of charge. He will send a return sticker for the old ones shortly.

I asked why did it take so long for Tommy to finally get with me and he said Tommy was On vacation. But as soon as he got the email he responded.

On a side note, I guess im running my nitto DRs tonight at the track. At least I know they can be properly warmed up with my line lock working right. I should just get them before I deploy and have them ready for next season.
Great to hear they are standing behind their tires!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony

Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

[Image: 20180127_082009.jpg]

upload a photo on internet

Share Thread: