• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got back out to the track but....
i went to the track last night and definately found out how different slicks run like. however after so many runs i started to notice that my car rear fender kept on getting closer and closer to the tire and it actually starts to run. i have a 15x10 with a 4.5 offset and using a 1/4 spacer so its a tad more. i do notice now that the rear ends is position the wheels closer inwards on the passenger side and the driver side is pushed out further towards the fender. i put my wheels/slicks on and the passenger side sucks in a big and the driver side sticks out a bit. i swapped the tires around and it does the same thing.

now the thing is what gets me is the car is now leaning on the driver side. it looks like from measuring the front fender is about 1 inch or so lower than the other side. and the rear fender is about 1/2 inch lower than driver to passenger side. i don't know what is giving.

the frame as well on the backside of the frame is about 1 inch apart in height. i don't believe i should of twisted my frame because i have a mild 460 but i was using slicks however. i do have subframe connectors so it shouldn't of happened.

what do you guys think it is?

on the kicker side, i was going to do one last run and my starter goes. everybody shut down their cars waiting for broken glass to be cleaned up. racing started again and i went to start the car and all i heard was a clunk. i made sure i got 12.6 volts and my starter solenoid was letting the starter get the juice too. everytime i had somebody hit up the starter, i can physically see the juicing flowing to the starter and if my buddy holds it long enough, i can hear the starter whine. i couldn't ever push start it so i can drive her onto the trainer. so a few cargo straps and a camalong helped took a while too. and the same thing in the garage. i hate breakdowns.
Here's the measurements you need to find out.

.pdf   scan0001.pdf (Size: 377.89 KB / Downloads: 13)

[Image: 2rr7aiv.png]

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.
Sounds like the rear end twisted somehowHuh
Tnfastbk;36352 Wrote:Sounds like the rear end twisted somehowHuh

i'm hoping for something simple like a broken leaf spring. i replaced them 10 years ago.

might be time to get a MONO leaf springs.
xoliex;36356 Wrote:

i'm hoping for something simple like a broken leaf spring. i replaced them 10 years ago.

http://www.calvertracing.com/splitmonoleaf.php
Tnfastbk;36375 Wrote:
xoliex;36356 Wrote:

http://www.calvertracing.com/splitmonoleaf.php

i'm praying for a simple leaf spring break and these will be on order soon so i can hit the track one more time before i deploy in 3 weeks.
ok i had to manually camalong the car up the driveway last night and couldn't really position it where i wanted to. so i had to jack up the entire front end and push the car to the side of the garage (so my wife can get her mustang in when she comes home). and the same with the rearend. i decided to take off the slicks to check out suspension. it looks ok and when i took off the slicks i saw alot of bulges all over the place and creases in both tires, hell one of them is is really high on one side and the other is real low. this is the tire on the driverside which was leaning towards. that tires looks like it almost at a 45 degree wear pattern.

i am thinking i got some defective slicks. and when i haven't even used them yet, my driver side slick stuck out further out than the other side did.

i'm going to get this starter replaced and put her back down and see how she leans.

also explains why i was vibrating down the road at higher speeds!

i'll post pics and videos tomorrow morning after the kid goes to school and the little one goes to nap.
i'll post up some pics of the actual runs once they load in photobucket. this is the only one that is actually loading right now.

its just me pitting next to the truck for tire pressure adjustments.

[Image: th_M2U00212.jpg]
So Olie, is the problem with the slicks?

Steve

[Image: 25yvyp3.jpg]
sm3570;36525 Wrote:So Olie, is the problem with the slicks?

i replaced the starter with a F350 460 OEM mini hi torque starter and it starts so i put the street wheels back on. the car sits to to the left a tiny bit but from the measurements i made in the garage, it was like that before the track.

i do however got a vibration again, i think i snapped the 1350 - cleveland conversion u joint up.
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soft Brake Pedal (Circle Track Mustang) jdwest711 16 487 05-23-2018, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Don C
Wrench Total Control & Street or Track & Global West Strut Rod & Lower Control Arms mustang7173 36 8,347 03-28-2017, 01:19 PM
Last Post: 73pony
  Back of steering pump leak Otto 7 983 08-26-2016, 08:35 AM
Last Post: c9zx
  Slicks at the back Higgins56 28 1,979 05-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Higgins56
  HELP!!! pedal stays hard on back brakes? scgamecock 11 997 02-28-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: Stanglover
  Measuring Wheel Back Space Plus I Bolted Super Swampers onto the Mustang for Fun! Autoedit 3 883 07-27-2015, 05:32 AM
Last Post: rocket366
  rear disc conversion on my fast back sgtbromen 15 1,622 09-21-2014, 12:43 PM
Last Post: InjectedMach
  Front wheels sit back Muswagon 3 688 06-03-2014, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Kit Sullivan