• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Just joined today. I inherited my Dad's '73 Q code Mach1. It's in good shape for a midwest car, but had a quick paint job with some bad body work done before my Dad bought it, so I will eventually be fixing that... It's a 20 footer for now.

Dad said that he remembered watching it compete in stock class drag racing when it was new. He bought it in 1992, and didn't do much but barely run a tank of gas through it a year. The mileage is accurate as far as we could tell.

The original motor was freshened up by the previous owner, as was the C6. It is said to have 3.89 gears. It needs suspension, exhaust, and ignition work. I'm planning on a mild resto-mod, and just enjoying it. Here's my starting point.

[Image: IMG_09061.jpg]
[Image: IMG_14341.jpg]
[Image: IMG_14351.jpg]
[Image: IMG_14361.jpg]
[Image: IMG_14401.jpg]
[Image: IMG_14371.jpg]
[Image: IMG_14411.jpg]
[Image: IMG_14461.jpg]
[Image: SUNP0075.jpg]

1973 Mach 1 Q code 351 4V, 9A paint, standard interior, 3.50 rear, C6 trans.
NICE!!! Your going to love it here. Great bunch that has a great attitude toward helping each other get them the way we want(restored, restomod, whatever you want). Welcome from North Carolina! welcome

[Image: 2rr7aiv.png]

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.
Welcome, as Mark said we're a diverse bunch here but all love the big bodied mustangs. By the way that is a cool mustang.

Jayson
[Image: 36319488731_8f2a376549_z.jpg]
73 Mach 1 Mustang
89 Dodge Shadow ES
94 Jeep Wrangler

HI and welcome to the forum.
That Mustang looks like a solid basis to start from. A a mild resto-mod is always a good thing. There are a few of those here.
Have fun on the site.

[Image: 1z21rv4.png]

Mike

"If I were you...... I´d rather be me."  Tongue

Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Welcome to the forums! She definitely looks like a keeper! Glad to have you aboard!

welcome

[Image: 1gq8uo.png]
1971 Mach 1 - 306cid/C4 Bright Yellow
"Just relax, I've got a friend named Felix who can fix anything!" ~James Bond
Welcome to the site from Virginia! Nice looking Mach 1 and I like the color combo. I couldn't quite see the whole wheel, but are those the original optional Aluminum wheels? Definitely worth fixing up.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony

Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

[Image: 20180127_082009.jpg]

upload a photo on internet

WELCOME aboard!

As a couple others have said, it appears that you have a GREAT starting point with your '73 mach 1.

I look forward to interacting with you on the different Forums and reading of your "journey."

Again, Welcome to the Site.

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.
Welcome to the forum.

[Image: 20r9ylt.jpg]
welcome from Phoenix. Looks to me like a good start.

'Mike'
73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in:
welcome from the Midwest!

Mac

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. James 3:17 (KJV)

[Image: 2member12162.png]
Share Thread: