• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went back to Dr. for MRI review
Hi David
Sorry to hear about your pain issues
Like many others have shared I too have been suffering with sciatic nerve pain which made it difficult to work on the Mustang. Thought it was just my hip giving out so put up with it for 12 months however eventually went to the doctor who diagnosed sciatic nerve damage
The good thing is I had bought a traction machine for my wife's sore back/sciatica pain a few years back and tried it on myself and after a couple of weeks was right as rain.
Seems like I get one issue fixed and another comes along to take its place so now dealing with Plantar Fascitis (heel pain) and although quite painful I can still work on the car.
I can highly recommend the traction machine which is actually a Perth company but they sell all over the world, USA website here - https://nubaxtraction.com/
Plus one on the CBD oil and would also recommend curcumin for inflammation
Hope you at least get it under control, good luck
Sorry to hear this David. You've worked hard and like so many here, have worn out some parts that are well out of warranty. This weekend I went camping with my daughter on the motorcycle and sadly I could barely crawl out of the tent in the morning. It takes a while for my legs and balance to get working in the morning regardless of the bed.
Made me wonder how many more years I'll be able to do these trips but for now.....

Someone mentioned in this thread that pain changes folks. It sure does and living with it gives me more of an appreciation of what made my grandfather cranky early on. He was suffering from a variety of chronic ailments and it changes you for sure.
Sorry to hear about your back. I am a bit younger but probably going in the same direction since once in a while i have siatica issues. It is the conundrum of life. Need excersice to keep the arteries and heart clean, and to keep weight under control. Then too much is bad in the long term due to issues you may not even think off with bones, column, etc.... Swimming is a good option but boring to me. I will stick with racquetball which has its cons as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

[Image: 20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg]

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump
4-wheel disc brakes
I prefer chasing young women followed by arm lifts of adult beverages for exercise. Try it...you'll like it!

Let me check your shorts!
http://midlifeharness.com

[Image: Flamicon2.jpg]

[Image: oldfart.png]
[+] 1 user Likes midlife's post
(08-13-2018, 04:49 PM)midlife Wrote: I prefer chasing young women followed by arm lifts of adult beverages for exercise. Try it...you'll like it!
Lol..... as i am reading this in Tapatalk all the advertisements are related to young women. You guys probably see the same ads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

[Image: 20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg]

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump
4-wheel disc brakes
David,
I am sorry to hear about your back troubles.  I hope you can get some relief from the pain.  Thoughts and prayers.

Ron

Ron
Rusty, a 1973 Mach 1, needs a lot of work.
Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.
El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.
Bubba, my 1994 F150, daily driver
Formerly, a 1973 Ford Mustang Coupe - a work in progress, then a car-b-qued banana.
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My son back in Iraq Pegleg 9 165 08-06-2018, 08:10 PM
Last Post: OLE PONY
  Throw Back Thursday secluff 0 340 05-11-2017, 05:40 PM
Last Post: secluff
  Back from holidays Pegleg 0 316 03-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Pegleg
  Shop opening back up Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs 0 539 06-01-2016, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs
  1970 Ford Torino King Cobra Boss 429 Start Up, Exhaust, and In Depth Review mustang7173 6 1,172 05-03-2016, 01:50 PM
  I am back... Pastel Blue 15 1,422 04-29-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Austin Vert
  Dirty Dancing coming back to Hendersonville Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs 0 387 03-08-2016, 08:35 PM
  Ford Ranger coming back for 2016? Boss1Ray 7 1,938 01-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Last Post: woolznaz