• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toploader
The clutch fork does look like from a heavy truck. Might have been an attempt from someone to better clear the headers at some point.

'73 Grandé H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, 750 CFM double pumper, Holley Street Dominator intake.

'73 F code convertible. Bright red. Needs total restore. (IE HOT MESS)

- Jason
The other Sprint I was suppose to buy in Germany has finally been bought by a guy from Belgium. We know each other now, and share on FB.
He told me that he has the same fork and bellhousing as mine, so was for sure the typical Mexican equipment on those Mach 1.
But for some reason he had to change the clutch, and as he couldn't find anymore the right parts, he changed the bellhousing, flywheel (157 tooth) by US model.
He sold his car to a French guy, I have contact with the new owner.
At this point, we are two owners in France of this '73 Sprint Mach 1.

I wish I could find the complete '73 Sprint Mach 1 diagram with all part numbers.
I read here from you guys that the bellhousing and fork comes from a Bronco, it seems to give me some new tracks to explore.
Another part from the car which is not common to the US version, the rear end, it's a Dana 44.

you are right Steve

[Image: CF121.jpg]

What A Fork!!!

Mustang, beer and rock'nroll
(07-31-2018, 09:52 PM)Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 12:19 PM)Manu Mach1 Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 09:13 AM)Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs Wrote: I had also looked for email for Dan but did not find. He is about 50 miles from where I live. I have talked with him on phone and he is very knowledgeable for sure. You might just call him.
D

I'll call him but afraid about my english accent, and not sure I will understand him, but I'll try Smile
In june in a restaurant, I met a couple, they were on holidays in France making a tour, seated next to my wife and myself, I engaged the conversation, talking about food and wine, and of course about cars I have in my garage, was so funny. When they left, they gave me their email adress, they are leaving in North Carolina, now we share pics and just speak about our life, family and different things.

If it makes life easier I will go to visit Dan and it might be better for him to send you complete transmission ready to install. Let me know if you want me to do that. I enjoy the driving in the mountains for sure. Send me the info on friends you made might know them. I spent a lot of time on the road over the years. 17 months in China and 4 trips to Germany, 14 to Africa. I always tried to connect with the car guys there. Not so easy in China, lol.
D

David, they live in Durham NC, now vacationing în Durango. I m in Holland for holidays.

Mustang, beer and rock'nroll
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toploader Crossmember Question Studdley 11 472 04-19-2018, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Studdley
  Toploader question Manu Mach1 20 4,172 03-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Last Post: marks73
  SB Toploader behind an 460 engine AndreasMustang1973Mach1 6 2,729 01-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Last Post: BigPinoyHunk