• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
underhood wire harness
im looking to replace my melted underhood wire harness. i have done a bit of surfing on the internet and have found the "painless wire harness" but having a tough time swallowing the $800 price tag. i did find one offered through "keep it clean wire harness kit" for $220. i called and they said it is a wire harness that includes proper connectors that have to be loaded with wires. has anyone used this company before?
i dont mind loading the connectors to save the money
From time to time, wiring harnesses are sold on ebay, I would recommend getting that since it is just the engine compartment you need (correct?).

I used a Kwik Wire harness for $250. It went in easy, but to do it right, you really need to plan well and remove the dash and everything. I re-wired my 73, was very fraustrated, but learned a great deal about how everything was wired and connected. When I strip everything out and get the car blasted and painted, I plan on rewiring it again, in a more professional clean looking manner. Also, save all your connectors, to my knowledge, there are no aftermarket providers for those plasic connects or the 90 degree angle connects (temp, oil, and solenoid).

If you just want the hood section, ebay or craigslist for an original. If you are going to rewire your car, shop around, you can get just as good generic harnesses for less than painless.
yep underhood only. i have the one i pulled out with all the connectors. i did find one through motorcity mustangs ebay site,but it didnt have the tach wiring. i was thinking of getting it and overlaying the tach wiring.
i have seen the 90 deg. ends still available and my ford dealership has a catalog of replacment terminals for some of the applications.
I AM PRETTY MUCH IN THE SAME SITUATION. AND HAVE BEEN HUNTING FOR ONE FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS. I DIDNT CARE FOR WHAT I FOUND AT PAINLESS, THEY WERE GENERAL KITS THAT YOU HAD TO FINISH. THERE ARE LOTS OF GUAGE HARNESESS ON EBAY BUT THE LIGHTS AND ALTERNATOR/STARTER PORTION IS A KILLER. THERE IS A GUY ON EBAY FROM ELKHART IND. WHO SAYS HE HAS SOME BUT ALSO STATES TO REMEMBER THEY ARE 40 YRS OLD.
AT THIS POINT UNLESS I FIND ONE I'M GOINT TO GO TO A ELECTRICAL SUPPLY AND TRY TO GET THE PROPER COLOR CODED WIRE AND SIT AND REWIRE ONE AT A TIME. MAN THATS GOING TO TAKE ALOT OF BEER. GOOODLUCK
Someone hacked my harness off about under the master cylinder.
No idea what happened to the rest of under hood section.
I saved the dash portion if it will help anyone.
don29163;19352 Wrote:Someone hacked my harness off about under the master cylinder.

How much do you want for it? I am trying to piece together a harness and will probably spend the time recreating a new one based on the old one.
SkotTTU;19396 Wrote:
don29163;19352 Wrote:Someone hacked my harness off about under the master cylinder.

How much do you want for it? I am trying to piece together a harness and will probably spend the time recreating a new one based on the old one.
just pay the postage don29163@gmail.com

Found this link http://midlife66.com/harnesses/welcome.html
check these guys out

http://midlife66.com/harnesses/welcome.html
samndad1971;19303 Wrote:im looking to replace my melted underhood wire harness. i have done a bit of surfing on the internet and have found the "painless wire harness" but having a tough time swallowing the $800 price tag. i did find one offered through "keep it clean wire harness kit" for $220. i called and they said it is a wire harness that includes proper connectors that have to be loaded with wires. has anyone used this company before?

What year and options?
I have several harnesses
Don

Ohio Mustang Supply
440-949-2556

[Image: oms_sig_banner.jpg]
OMS;19410 Wrote:
samndad1971;19303 Wrote:im looking to replace my melted underhood wire harness. i have done a bit of surfing on the internet and have found the "painless wire harness" but having a tough time swallowing the $800 price tag. i did find one offered through "keep it clean wire harness kit" for $220. i called and they said it is a wire harness that includes proper connectors that have to be loaded with wires. has anyone used this company before?

What year and options?
I have several harnesses
Don

1971 MUSTANG COUPE 351c, c6 trans, no a/c, with factory tach
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One wire alternator wiring Electric Power steering pump Robsweden 3 91 6 hours ago
Last Post: Robsweden
  Wire harness to door speakers Stanglover 11 313 07-24-2018, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Stanglover
  Trunk harness routing Ryunker 6 290 07-05-2018, 08:56 PM
Last Post: NOT A T5
  Aftermarket wiring harness OzCoupe72 26 1,384 02-14-2018, 06:54 PM
Last Post: OzCoupe72
  Reproduction 71 Headlight Harness midlife 6 495 02-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Last Post: midlife
  Wiring Harness Wires & Connectors Pegleg 4 466 01-25-2018, 10:36 PM
Last Post: libram
Wrench Ignition Resistor Wire jmassey6 8 1,687 10-19-2017, 05:37 AM