• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alarms
What type of alarms if any are people using, or is it a waste of money My son has a friend the has a motion sensor that talks, STEP AWAY FROM THE CAR YOU ARE TOO CLOSE. loldancebanana

Alan L

[Image: 1_30_09_13_10_12_32.png]
Alan L
not2old;18423 Wrote:What type of alarms if any are people using, or is it a waste of money My son has a friend the has a motion sensor that talks, STEP AWAY FROM THE CAR YOU ARE TOO CLOSE. loldancebanana

Alan L
Alan,
The best alarm I think is one that completely disconnects the battery from the starting circuit..& a remote lithium battery powered lo jack type system..I used to just remove the coil wire & take it with me (back in the day) I intend to have a hidden pull out breaker box in mine & some sort of gps tracker ..Lets face it if someone wants to steal a car these days & has the right tow truck your car is gone in under a minute & the only way your going to even have a chance at getting it back is with a tracking device.

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART
A good ole American redneck with a 1911 45 colt......Me!!!

[Image: 20r9ylt.jpg]
I guess my best option is my insurance coverage. Your right, if someone wants it while I'm out it's go.

Alan L

Alan L
Comes from a company called "Smith and Wesson"
Sounds like I need a window sticker..Smith and Wesson my eyes are on you too.

Alan L
Qcode351mach;18425 Wrote:Alan,
The best alarm I think is one that completely disconnects the battery from the starting circuit..& a remote lithium battery powered lo jack type system..I used to just remove the coil wire & take it with me (back in the day) I intend to have a hidden pull out breaker box in mine & some sort of gps tracker ..Lets face it if someone wants to steal a car these days & has the right tow truck your car is gone in under a minute & the only way your going to even have a chance at getting it back is with a tracking device.

I use to take the coil wire off too back in the day until my father told me all someone had to do was pull one of the plug wires and use it for the coil wire. The car will start and run then, but will have a miss. I guess it would deter some thieves if the car wouldn't start right away.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony

Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

[Image: 20180127_082009.jpg]

upload a photo on internet

Put (tape) a notecard in each wheel that says something like:

"Verify that the person who brought this car in for tires is [your name]. If it is someone other than [your name] here with this car then CONSIDER THIS CAR STOLEN and CALL the POLICE IMMEDIATELY! Thank you!
Signed [you]. Phone number & address, etc.

It may not keep your car from getting stolen, but it may help you get it back - someday.

[Image: 386_07_10_13_5_58_42.jpeg]
My Mustangs:
71 M-code Mach 1, Medium Blue/White Sport, 4R70W, 3L50, Factory Ram Air.
72 Q-code Mach 1, Pewter/Black Sport, 4-spd, 3L25.
65 Convertible, Britney Blue/White/White, more modified than original.
05 Convertible, Legend Lime/Tan/Tan, future classic??
Nance;18426 Wrote:A good ole American redneck with a 1911 45 colt......Me!!!

Good one Nance...+1

Steve

[Image: 25yvyp3.jpg]
sm3570;18551 Wrote:
Nance;18426 Wrote:A good ole American redneck with a 1911 45 colt......Me!!!

Good one Nance...+1

I thought that was a given for us Alabama boys. Lol

[Image: 386_07_10_13_5_58_42.jpeg]
My Mustangs:
71 M-code Mach 1, Medium Blue/White Sport, 4R70W, 3L50, Factory Ram Air.
72 Q-code Mach 1, Pewter/Black Sport, 4-spd, 3L25.
65 Convertible, Britney Blue/White/White, more modified than original.
05 Convertible, Legend Lime/Tan/Tan, future classic??
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
tunes fancy alarms & classic car insurances 123FRANK321 3 803 11-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Last Post: mpbsr