• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CUSTOM HOOD FABRICATION
Ok started working on the custom hood tonight..Got 1 side cut out...& the 68 shelby air extractor vent fitted..I need to do trimming of the bottom frame work for the vent to fit from the underside..I was pretty amazed to see NO PRIMER or edp coating at all on the inside of the inner frame work..

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART
No primer on the framework? Something to keep an eye on, especially because you are putting the vents in.

Steve

[Image: 25yvyp3.jpg]
Qcode351mach;17299 Wrote:Ok started working on the custom hood tonight..Got 1 side cut out...& the 68 shelby air extractor vent fitted..I need to do trimming of the bottom frame work for the vent to fit from the underside..I was pretty amazed to see NO PRIMER or edp coating at all on the inside of the inner frame work..

Definitely a custom look, I've always loved the NASA hood, and I think your look here looks better than the Shelby style.
sm3570;17300 Wrote:No primer on the framework? Something to keep an eye on, especially because you are putting the vents in.
I think you guy's know me by now..You KNOW it's gonna be taken care of "RUST BULLET" baby !!!

LOL - no... really?! Big Grin

I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm sure it'll be awesome just like your other work. I'm anxious to hear how well it works.

Are you planning on running Ram-Air as well? I might be interested in doing something like that, considering it's over 90 about 5 months out of the year 'round these parts.

Eric

[Image: mach1sig2.gif]
Qcode351mach;17304 Wrote:
sm3570;17300 Wrote:No primer on the framework? Something to keep an eye on, especially because you are putting the vents in.
I think you guy's know me by now..You KNOW it's gonna be taken care of "RUST BULLET" baby !!!

Lol, I should never doubt you Scott!

Steve

[Image: 25yvyp3.jpg]
Mister 4x4;17307 Wrote:LOL - no... really?! Big Grin

I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm sure it'll be awesome just like your other work. I'm anxious to hear how well it works.

Are you planning on running Ram-Air as well? I might be interested in doing something like that, considering it's over 90 about 5 months out of the year 'round these parts.
Eric...I had this same setup on my prior hood...It works very well !!! Most likely I'm going to run a ram air setup but nothing like stock..What I'm planning to do is pull air from UNDER the bumper (space between valance & bumper) With a custom made intake scoop branching off to the air cleaner housing..Not sure if I'm doing two tubes or one..Need to get the engine in first ..I have this type of setup on my 350z..much cooler air than at the height of the hood scoops...Just a hint (Thin wall PVC works very nice plus it's paintable)

Qcode351mach;17299 Wrote:Ok started working on the custom hood tonight..Got 1 side cut out...& the 68 shelby air extractor vent fitted..I need to do trimming of the bottom frame work for the vent to fit from the underside..I was pretty amazed to see NO PRIMER or edp coating at all on the inside of the inner frame work..

I say yes your on to something
Looks awesome so far! Can't wait to see done!

[Image: 1gq8uo.png]
1971 Mach 1 - 306cid/C4 Bright Yellow
"Just relax, I've got a friend named Felix who can fix anything!" ~James Bond
Now that's a good idea! Looking forward to see painted and installed.

[Image: 1z21rv4.png]

Mike

"If I were you...... I´d rather be me."  Tongue

Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CUSTOM HOOD ON THE CAR--PICS Qcode351mach 24 5,816 10-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Finmach
  Hi My projekt whit My hood. DK73 11 1,461 09-25-2014, 05:01 AM
Last Post: DK73