• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are my darn parts!
Where are my darn parts!

Anyone has this happen? I have been purchasing parts alone the away and putting them away until I need them. Well, I checked may receipts and I know I ordered them. I looked at all my usual stashes and nothing. It was over the xmas break and the only thing I can think of is maybe they got packed away with the xmas stuff. That would be a PITA to go through that. Well, off to continue looking.
Whats that saying "Once in a while even a blind squirrel finds a nut"
I'm ready to put the whole front grille stuff on mine, and STILL can't find the grille mounting bracket that I KNOW I intentionally put aside when I packed up all my stuff and brought it home from the shop. Huh

Right there with ya, Bro! Big Grin

Eric

[Image: mach1sig2.gif]
I always put stuff up in the garage "so I know where its at", only to find the stuff years later! Man I forgot about that brand new holley electric fuel pump, new battery tray, box full of jets for my old holley....... this is just some stuff I found a couple weeks ago when i was digging out my archery stuff. [/align]

Kevin

1971 Mach 1
408C Stroker
C4 w/3,000 stall
8.8" Rear w/3.73's
Disc brakes all way around.

[Image: 28ivsix.png]

Ha.... yeah I know the routine. I put it where I knew I would find it!!!

67 Diamond Blue Vert

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypG...mJJrHJ_B_Q]

DUDE

LOL even my sig line offended somebody!
We've all been there, we know that we have it, but finally give up and buy a new one, only to accidently find it in a place that should have been the first place we looked.

What drives me crazy is battery chargers, keeping them straight as to which one is for which device and then finding the right charger when I need it. I have a small box of chargers I no longer know what they're for but afraid to throw them away, as sure as hell, (from past experience) shortly after I throw any of them away I'll have a device that needs to be charged but no longer have the charger.

Jim

Jim

M code 71 Mach 1, 351 4V Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Trans, 3.5 rear
I lost a brand new repo dash (original factory tooling). I looked everywhere and never found it. I ended up buying another one. My best guess is I put it on the top of the wifes car and she drove away with it. Expensive mistake.

'Mike'
73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in:
A standard rule of thumb: when you mislay a part, it will always be in the last place you look!
[rim shot]Thank you, thank you![/rim shot]

Let me check your shorts!
http://midlifeharness.com

[Image: Flamicon2.jpg]

[Image: oldfart.png]
I always get the stink-eye when anybody I know is looking for something and recruit me for help. I'll usually wait a minute or two before I point and declare, "Hey! There it isn't!" Makes 'em look every time. rofl

Eric

[Image: mach1sig2.gif]
I'm very good at hiding things from myself I mean, putting things where I'll be able to find them.... Rolleyes

1973 Mach 1 Q code 351 4V, 9A paint, standard interior, 3.50 rear, C6 trans.
I have lots of stuff everywhere too, but I can find it. The problem is that I don't have enough sheet metal.

Oh sheet.

will e;185959 Wrote:My best guess is I put it on the top of the wifes car and she drove away with it.

Doubt it. There would have been a thread here 15 minutes later about the brand new '71-73 dash found in the street Wink

-Kurt

[Image: satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png]
How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:
Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.
Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.
Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possibly a useful website for parts Stanglover 5 239 06-27-2018, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Fredensborg
  Holman Moody, Ford and Shelby parts & price lists Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs 12 544 06-14-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs
  Argh! My parts order vaporized... Bentworker 0 185 03-04-2018, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Bentworker
  Online Parts Catalog Don C 0 277 11-13-2017, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Don C
  Parts car near Chi town... Pastel Blue 2 514 09-03-2016, 05:50 AM
Last Post: RacerX
  Went to a yard sale and picked up some vintage speed parts. cudak888 17 2,171 06-19-2016, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs
  So I buy some parts rpmcarter 13 2,293 04-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Last Post: rpmcarter
  Me at any auto parts store cudak888 9 875 10-11-2014, 01:22 AM
Last Post: ceheler