• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Help identifying a sheet metal part om the cowl

.jpg   apron.JPG (Size: 124.04 KB / Downloads: 72) Im in the process of replacing my upper and lower cowl in my 71 Mach 1. Can anyone tell me what the piece that connects from the rear apron to the top of the upper cowl is called and where I can source these? Mine are shot on both sides.and I need replacements. Thanks
They are not made new
You have to fix your old ones, find good used ones or fabricate them
what are they called?
Cowl Apron Extensions (or something like that). If you can find a good donor car, after you pull the fenders you can drill out the spot welds and transfer them over to the repair.

That one doesn't look too horrible. Clean it up, plug weld the holes, grind 'em smooth and nobody will ever know. Wink Big Grin

Looks like you're new here - when you get a chance, jump over to the "Introductions" section and post up a new thread so we can properly welcome you to the Best Mustang Site ever. thumb


[Image: mach1sig2.gif]
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  plastic fender to cowl filler panel trim information mach1000 6 512 03-13-2018, 08:37 AM
Last Post: mach1000
  My method for cowl repair tony-muscle 14 921 02-28-2018, 10:39 AM
Last Post: tony-muscle
  Firewall Cowl Molding rocketfoot 9 555 02-15-2018, 06:07 PM
Last Post: rocketfoot
runninpony RH upper cowl piece with fender/hood apron attached NOT A T5 0 435 05-28-2017, 06:45 PM
Last Post: NOT A T5
  Clip Part Number and Thickness kcmash 4 533 03-01-2017, 04:04 PM
Last Post: OMS
  Cowl Drain Info Wanted/Weldless cowl repair? andy72 9 878 12-15-2016, 10:22 PM
Last Post: andy72
  Save 30% on body & sheet metal parts Pegleg 0 478 10-25-2016, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Pegleg
  73 Mustang Cowl inspection for rust? red73mustang 9 1,553 08-26-2016, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)