• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Lights For Gauges
Hi All,

Just a quick head's up on the new HI Po Elite led bulbs i bought for the main instrument cluster. I think this very thing has been covered before, but just my two cents worth.

I paid around $80- for the kit (not cheap). The company says these super bright white bulbs are meant to be used with your old blue pod filters. Mine are in very good condition, so i took the gamble. They also claim to give a true factory blue/ green finished look.

I found the end result disappionting in regards to the light intensity still being fairly weak, and the color is a sickly pale blue color. Bottom line for me is these bulbs from Hi Po are way overpriced, and don't deliver the goods on brightness and color. I may have to go back to the drawing board and search for a better product. I would prefer to remove the blue pods as they hinder any bullbs performance i feel. BTW - I installed a new headlight switch in at the same time.

So i give 3 out of 10 for this product.

http://www.hipoparts.com/1965-73-ford-mu...rsion-kit/

Many Thanks,

Greg.Smile

whistling LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED
Yep. They are better than stock bulbs, but not what I really wanted. That's why I went with SMD LEDs from superbrightleds.com.

1973 Mach 1 Q code 351 4V, 9A paint, standard interior, 3.50 rear, C6 trans.
Good info post Greg
Austin Vert;184395 Wrote:Hi All,

Just a quick head's up on the new HI Po Elite led bulbs i bought for the main instrument cluster. I think this very thing has been covered before, but just my two cents worth.

I paid around $80- for the kit (not cheap). The company says these super bright white bulbs are meant to be used with your old blue pod filters. Mine are in very good condition, so i took the gamble. They also claim to give a true factory blue/ green finished look.

I found the end result disappionting in regards to the light intensity still being fairly weak, and the color is a sickly pale blue color. Bottom line for me is these bulbs from Hi Po are way overpriced, and don't deliver the goods on brightness and color. I may have to go back to the drawing board and search for a better product. I would prefer to remove the blue pods as they hinder any bullbs performance i feel. BTW - I installed a new headlight switch in at the same time.

Many Thanks,

Greg.Smile
did the dimmer function work with the leds as promised ?
Having switched all my interior as well as most exterior bulbs to LEDs from "HiPo", I have a completely different opinion...mine are excellent and have exceded all my expectations.
I think the difference is you using the OEM diffuser cups with white LEDs. I might be wrong, but I think the "elite" kit uses SMDs for most of the cluster bulbs.
You say your blue cups are still good, but I think they might be too dull to allow enough light to pass.
I removed all the blue cups from my cluster and used green SMDs in the cluster and could not be happier.

"HiPo" had great customer service with me, they probably will with you too if you give them a chance. Call them up and explain your experience...they will probably help you out.
Austin,

I'd give them a call to see if you could switch out the white bulbs for green and go without the diffuser cups, I believe you'll be much happier. Good luck...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

[Image: 1_24_09_13_4_29_06.png]
nailpounder;184480 Wrote:
Austin Vert;184395 Wrote:Hi All,

Many Thanks,

Greg.Smile
did the dimmer function work with the leds as promised ?

Hi Nails,

I had full dimming function with these Hi Po bulbs in use and did not have to use a normal bulb in line to work.

Hi Kit,

Thanks for your feedback. I think what you say is all correct. I will approach the company and see what they say. Could i get a contact connection from you as to where i can buy the same bulbs as you used in your car please?

Many thanks,

Greg.Smile

73StangCoupe;184523 Wrote:Austin,

I'd give them a call to see if you could switch out the white bulbs for green and go without the diffuser cups, I believe you'll be much happier. Good luck...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Thanks 73 Stang,

I'll give them a ring and see what they tell me.

Greg.Smile

whistling LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Center gauges 73429mach 12 503 08-06-2018, 10:20 PM
Last Post: pposey
Wrench Center Dash Gauges and Radio Bezel refurb OzCoupe72 16 747 07-01-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: naa10104
  Do I install aftermarket oil/temp/volt gauges or not? Stanglover 34 1,220 05-25-2018, 06:36 PM
Last Post: mudbilly
  Mach 1 Grill Running lights jowens1126 14 1,364 03-11-2018, 07:49 PM
Last Post: jowens1126
  new gauges! toastintx 9 583 02-13-2018, 11:25 PM
Last Post: mach71351c
  Got new tail lights in!! Omie01 3 389 01-24-2018, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Fabrice
  Night shot of LED lights in interior... Pastel Blue 11 1,411 10-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Pastel Blue
runninpony WTB Side Marker Lights NOT A T5 4 731 06-11-2017, 10:18 AM
Last Post: NOT A T5