• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$5 p/gal Gas by Memorial Day!
I just heard on the news last night that they are predicting $5 p/gal gas by Memorial Day! WTF? This is gonna really hamper the 2011 cruise season! I can barely afford to put gas in my 2.4 Cobalt! Not good. Not good at all!

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries...2_ST_N.htm

[Image: 1gq8uo.png]
1971 Mach 1 - 306cid/C4 Bright Yellow
"Just relax, I've got a friend named Felix who can fix anything!" ~James Bond
I agree, Barry. But I think it will happen sooner than Memorial Day. If the unrest in the Middle East continues at the rate it has for the last three weeks, and if Libya follows in the footsteps of Egypt, and other North African countries continue the trend, I believe the upset in oil production will bring $5 a gallon before the end of March or early April. If anything happens in Saudi Arabia or Iran, we're in for serious trouble.

Man, I hope that doesn't happen.

Doc

Doc

[Image: 6y14ea.jpg]

Project started 8-7-10
Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system
Current "mini-project": interior upgrade Undecided
Now some body tell me again why my son and others are over there ??????

[Image: 20r9ylt.jpg]
Yes, it is a very COMPLEX situation. Essentially it boils down to "supply and demand", a principle on which this GREAT Nation was built.

If you REALLY think about it, the "high' price of gasoline has brought about some ingenious advances in fuel requirements for new vehicles. As has been said, "if you build it, they will come."

Having said that, I agree....IT SUCKSSmile!!!

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.
Look at this...

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petro...mport.html

It shows that most of our oil comes from Canada and Mexico! I've also heard that we export our oil cheaper than we import oil for!

I'm about ready to grab my pitch fork and torch!

Yes, a very complex process. You also have to look at the quality of the oil being produced and imported, as well as things like Iran. It is not one of the top 15 oil exporters to the US (in fact, I don't think we import ANY Iranian crude). However, Iran exports to many other countries, and if there's a disruption in their oil processing, those other countries will come looking for oil from one of our importers for sure, which could lead to disruption of our supply. And even thinking about or talking about these things causes oil speculators to increase the price, without any disruption taking place! Where's my bicycle? Huh

Doc

Doc

[Image: 6y14ea.jpg]

Project started 8-7-10
Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system
Current "mini-project": interior upgrade Undecided
I have a friend with a 68 Z28 who back in the 70's during the gas shortage pulled the 302 out and dropped in a straight 6 till gas was back to driviable.10 gallon max fill doesn't go too far.

[Image: 1_30_09_13_10_12_32.png]
Alan L
Yes, that is how I got the 428CJ motor that I currently have in "Fire" (my '73 Mach 1).

I was in the Philippines and the wealthy Filipinos were replacing their high performance motors with Toyota motors. I picked this puppy up for approximately $50.00, tore it down and found a Ford experimental cam with solid lifters. Man, I thought I had found a 427 Medium Riser until I ran all the numbers!

I agree with Doc in that it does seem to go up with just the "threat" of the oil supply being impeded.

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.
Hey Barry at least you have a 2.4, everything I have is V8's and my truck has a V10.
Can we request a refund from Kuwait or Iraq ?
Let me know when and where we meet up with the pitchforks.
Don
OMS;13157 Wrote:Hey Barry at least you have a 2.4, everything I have is V8's and my truck has a V10.
Can we request a refund from Kuwait or Iraq ?
Let me know when and where we meet up with the pitchforks.
Don
How about Capitol Hill? LOL

Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is a test to see how savy a Mustang Guy or Gal you are? Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs 7 576 10-13-2017, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs
  Ethanol in gas goodnigh 4 354 10-03-2017, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Fabrice
  Question about gas goodnigh 11 738 07-13-2017, 08:50 PM
Last Post: jowens1126
  Veterans Day Don C 11 848 11-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Last Post: DK73
  buy a cruise with the gas monkey crew OMS 29 1,824 09-22-2016, 07:31 AM
Last Post: 73pony
  ON this Day in America mustang7173 2 490 07-11-2016, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Jeff73Mach1
  On This Day In The U.K Pegleg 3 578 07-08-2016, 05:22 PM