• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making your Spouse Happy on your Anniversary = PRICELESS!!!
The wife came back today from a TDY and this was the first time she's seeing the car painted and she had no idea i was doing this for our anniversary. she was quite happy to see the such different hood decal.

i told her i could tell people "its suppose to say ram air but i i lost one of the R's, so i made my own word up", hehe. i think it came out quite nice and better than i invisioned!
xoliex;12341 Wrote:The wife came back today from a TDY and this was the first time she's seeing the car painted and she had no idea i was doing this for our anniversary. she was quite happy to see the such different hood decal.

i told her i could tell people "its suppose to say ram air but i i lost one of the R's, so i made my own word up", hehe. i think it came out quite nice and better than i invisioned!

Of course the middle part of both "a's" & the "r" have to come out and the whole hood needs clear coating! should be picking her up this friday or so.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A shameless display of trying to ingratiate yourself to your wife! But, I'll bet it worked. Support and continued funding for the project is ensured. Very smooth indeed.
Doc, did you take notes on this? Tongue
I don't know if Doc took notes but I sure did! Nice colors btw!

[Image: 386_07_10_13_5_58_42.jpeg]
My Mustangs:
71 M-code Mach 1, Medium Blue/White Sport, 4R70W, 3L50, Factory Ram Air.
72 Q-code Mach 1, Pewter/Black Sport, 4-spd, 3L25.
65 Convertible, Britney Blue/White/White, more modified than original.
05 Convertible, Legend Lime/Tan/Tan, future classic??
I've printed the post and taped it to the door of the fridge. So, along with a box of chocolates, some roses, and a nice card for VD day (as my wife calls it Tongue), I'm in a much better position to continue funding for the 'vert project and should be up and walking in no time. Big Grin

Doc

Doc

[Image: 6y14ea.jpg]

Project started 8-7-10
Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system
Current "mini-project": interior upgrade Undecided
That is a great idea! Well done! Cool

[Image: 1gq8uo.png]
1971 Mach 1 - 306cid/C4 Bright Yellow
"Just relax, I've got a friend named Felix who can fix anything!" ~James Bond
Olie, the car is turning out REAL nice. Your making me consider Honalulu blue and silver for a color combination. LOL
Great idea on the hood decals, at this point if I did that my wife would probably have a stroke. Not to say I'm inconsiderate, just forgetful. Big Grin

Jeff T.

Low buck, touring style, '73 Convertible "rolling restoration", 351c, 2v heads with a shave and a haircut, Performer intake, Holley 650(ish), roller rockers, screw in studs, guideplates, stainless valves, Duraspark / Motorsports MSD, T-5 conversion. 1-1/8" front, 3/4" rear swaybars KYB shocks and some home brewed subframe connectors. Future plans; JGC steering box, Cobra brakes and... paint, interior, etc.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passenger.

[Image: 1_12_09_14_10_15_11.png]
c9zx;12349 Wrote:A shameless display of trying to ingratiate yourself to your wife! But, I'll bet it worked. Support and continued funding for the project is ensured. Very smooth indeed.

i had to read this very slowily a few times to know exactly how you were trying to come off. WinkBig Grin

can't wait to pick her up this week but they said they are deliverying it via tow truck. its raining outside this week so might not be able to take her for a spin. might just let the motor run in the garage.
xoliex;12423 Wrote:
c9zx;12349 Wrote:A shameless display of trying to ingratiate yourself to your wife! But, I'll bet it worked. Support and continued funding for the project is ensured. Very smooth indeed.

i had to read this very slowily a few times to know exactly how you were trying to come off. WinkBig Grin

can't wait to pick her up this week but they said they are deliverying it via tow truck. its raining outside this week so might not be able to take her for a spin. might just let the motor run in the garage.
I was just trying to be humorous and complementary in the same post. Sorry if my humor is a little dry sometimes. The car looks great.

Chuck
c9zx;12443 Wrote:
xoliex;12423 Wrote:

I didn't get offended, I took it as a compliment and it got the wife laughing too.

I was just trying to be humorous and complementary in the same post. Sorry if my humor is a little dry sometimes. The car looks great.

Chuck

Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not a happy camper sm3570 10 1,700 05-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Last Post: sm3570
  Making your own interior panels rpmcarter 4 1,138 11-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Tnfastbk