• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's Everyone Doing?
Been really busy lately, actually, mostly just been broke lately. The spring semester just started up and has me returned to a struggling college student status. Bought a pertronix ignitor for the Mach over a month ago and couldn't get it to fire after installing it. Just finally got the timing set with it today and had it running for the first time in a while. Really gave me that itch again, so I'm gonna pick up some cheap tires to use while I save up for some new BFG T/As.

Found a set of Cooper Trendsetter SE 205/75R-14s on some stock steel wheels on Craigslist listed for $200. Gonna go check them out tomorrow and see if I can't give the seller the old broke college kid sob story and offer $118 (it's all the cash I have haha). Called the guy up and he seemed cool. Said he's had them in the garage for over a year, had them on his '65 Ranchero just for moving purposes. Told him I was just looking for something to put on my Mach while I restore it. Claims they have 90% tread left, I don't really care since the back tires are going to lose a lot of tread fast. They should look nice and funky on the Mach, too, but at least I actually be able to take it around the block.

Anyways, just wanted to check in with you guys since I haven't posted in the past few months.

'73 "Q-Code" Mach 1
[Image: Mt7Cz.png]
|351C-4V|Holley 600CFM|Edelbrock Manifold|Unknown Cam|10:1 Pistons|Hooker Longtubes|Glasspacks|C4 Auto|Unknown Gears|

Cold Start And Run Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqr4NVCHxBk
Welcome back, just remember all things take time. Unless you are that guy on the Hagerty insurance commercial, the mega millionaire, undercover spy, with a classic car in every country,Smile
I am glad to hear you are back "in your groove."

Sounds like you are on the "right" track!

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.
bkelley;11047 Wrote:Been really busy lately, actually, mostly just been broke lately. The spring semester just started up and has me returned to a struggling college student status. Bought a pertronix ignitor for the Mach over a month ago and couldn't get it to fire after installing it. Just finally got the timing set with it today and had it running for the first time in a while. Really gave me that itch again, so I'm gonna pick up some cheap tires to use while I save up for some new BFG T/As.

Found a set of Cooper Trendsetter SE 205/75R-14s on some stock steel wheels on Craigslist listed for $200. Gonna go check them out tomorrow and see if I can't give the seller the old broke college kid sob story and offer $118 (it's all the cash I have haha). Called the guy up and he seemed cool. Said he's had them in the garage for over a year, had them on his '65 Ranchero just for moving purposes. Told him I was just looking for something to put on my Mach while I restore it. Claims they have 90% tread left, I don't really care since the back tires are going to lose a lot of tread fast. They should look nice and funky on the Mach, too, but at least I actually be able to take it around the block.

Anyways, just wanted to check in with you guys since I haven't posted in the past few months.

Hang in there buddy !Sounds like you have your priorities in the right place.You keep going and everything will come to you."Patience Grasshopper"

[Image: 16kuyc0.jpg]
Glad to see you back, Bryce. Yep, I remember well the "'poor college student" years. I lived in Montana and only had a Suzuki 400 as my year round transportation, and I drove it year round.

Keep at it and, as others have said, be patient. Let us know how the $118 offer works out.

Doc

Doc

[Image: 6y14ea.jpg]

Project started 8-7-10
Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system
Current "mini-project": interior upgrade Undecided
Hang in there Bryce! I've got 2 "broke college kids" around here. I can empathize with your situation, you'll have many years to play later.

Jeff T.

Low buck, touring style, '73 Convertible "rolling restoration", 351c, 2v heads with a shave and a haircut, Performer intake, Holley 650(ish), roller rockers, screw in studs, guideplates, stainless valves, Duraspark / Motorsports MSD, T-5 conversion. 1-1/8" front, 3/4" rear swaybars KYB shocks and some home brewed subframe connectors. Future plans; JGC steering box, Cobra brakes and... paint, interior, etc.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passenger.

[Image: 1_12_09_14_10_15_11.png]
Thanks, guys. I'm keeping patient, it's just hard. I want to drive it so bad haha.

Here's a video of me messing with it after getting it running with the Ignitor installed. Still need to get the carb adjusted which is why I was having a problem with it idling. Plus, it really needs to just be driven to get the "cobwebs" blown out. Hasn't been driven at speed in over 20 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqr4NVCHxBk

'73 "Q-Code" Mach 1
|351C-4V|Holley 600CFM|Edelbrock Manifold|Unknown Cam|10:1 Pistons|Hooker Longtubes|Glasspacks|C4 Auto|Unknown Gears|

So, the guy sold the tires I was looking to buy. But, I found a set of '95 Mustang GT wheels with some pretty worn tires for $150. I offered $100, he counter offered with $120. As long as the tires aren't completely garbage I think I'm going to get them. I figured once I can afford some new BFG Radials, I can just sell the GT wheels for a decent price.

What do you guys things? Here's the listing for them: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/2205142394.html

'73 "Q-Code" Mach 1

bkelley;11127 Wrote:Thanks, guys. I'm keeping patient, it's just hard. I want to drive it so bad haha.

Here's a video of me messing with it after getting it running with the Ignitor installed. Still need to get the carb adjusted which is why I was having a problem with it idling. Plus, it really needs to just be driven to get the "cobwebs" blown out. Hasn't been driven at speed in over 20 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqr4NVCHxBk
Bryce,the car does not sound bad at all ! I am like you get that pony out and stretch it's legs ! Let me know when you do and I will give you some old shade tree remedies that my dad tought me and I still use on engines that have been sitting for a while. Good luck !

Attached Files
.jpg   PC250016.JPG (Size: 92.32 KB / Downloads: 43)

[Image: 16kuyc0.jpg]
Pretty much the only thing holding me back is insurance. Gotta figure out what's going to happen with that before I can do any leg stretching.

Also, I've got the dude talked down to $100 on the tires. Gonna pick them up tomorrow.

'73 "Q-Code" Mach 1

Share Thread: