• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opinion about rear bumpers
Hi guys...
I'm thinking of getting a ner rear bumper for my car, since the crome of mine was gone and the bumper was painted to mach the body colour... i did the same now, just to have it for driving legaly here, but i have to get a new one of course...

Now... NPD sales them from 98 dollars.. its soooo cheap that i wonder... is the fitting all right?... is the crome good??

I´m going into a get everything NOS way but, bumpers are to bump!!

So, what´s your opinion about this cheap replicas? (chinesse for sure)...?

Damián Cool

[Image: 120x45bk1ani.gif]
Vote For 7173Mustangs.Com Every Day!
I have a new set of bumpers from NPD. The fitment is good. I am real satisfied with them.
Jim

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I got mine from NPD a few years ago. The chrome looks good. Mine fits OK. My car has been hit in the right rear so my bumper brackets may be slightly bent. It was a big improvement over the old one. Mark

My garage http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage...rxt_uid=40

73 mach 1 351c 4v cc ported, torker2, 750 edelbrock,C6.
73 fastback 351c 2v,performer intake,600 edelbrock,fmx, 325 trac-lok.
I went to the e*ay and found the premium bumper. This was prior to reproduction versions came out. Then I had to search for the various pads, and again prior to the reproductions coming out. I think I was able to piece together about 4 cars to finally get this...

1973 Mach 1 - Medium Bright Yellow - (in restoration mode)
Maiden Dearborn;9488 Wrote:I went to the e*ay and found the premium bumper. This was prior to reproduction versions came out. Then I had to search for the various pads, and again prior to the reproductions coming out. I think I was able to piece together about 4 cars to finally get this...

It looks great too... i only know reproductions... at least, cheap ones are made of thicker metal... and that´s not great but, if there is no other choice...

We already know reproductions fits ok and looks ok too... is worth for me to keep searching to better repros?... is there another supplier who sales better ones?? Or since ebay for me is not so easy (since i am from south america and taxes are super high) is there another documentes provider who has this kind of better reproduction bumpers?

Thanks!

Damián Cool

URUGUAYAN_FASTBACK;9540 Wrote:
Maiden Dearborn;9488 Wrote:I went to the e*ay and found the premium bumper. This was prior to reproduction versions came out. Then I had to search for the various pads, and again prior to the reproductions coming out. I think I was able to piece together about 4 cars to finally get this...

It looks great too... i only know reproductions... at least, cheap ones are made of thicker metal... and that´s not great but, if there is no other choice...

We already know reproductions fits ok and looks ok too... is worth for me to keep searching to better repros?... is there another supplier who sales better ones?? Or since ebay for me is not so easy (since i am from south america and taxes are super high) is there another documentes provider who has this kind of better reproduction bumpers?

Thanks!

people who want to stay original usually get an ORIGINAL piece regardless of the condition and just RECHROME them by a company. however this will cost the as getting a new repo. make your choice now! rechromed oem parts thats just as much as a new bumper or more, or buy repo and have an already good piece.

xoliex;9559 Wrote:
URUGUAYAN_FASTBACK;9540 Wrote:

Thanks!

people who want to stay original usually get an ORIGINAL piece regardless of the condition and just RECHROME them by a company. however this will cost the as getting a new repo. make your choice now! rechromed oem parts thats just as much as a new bumper or more, or buy repo and have an already good piece.

I had never have a bumper repro in my 7 mustang ownership history... i always rechrome the ones i had... Just the rechrome process costs more than a new bumper repro here... But this is not only the problem...
Where do i buy an ORIGINAL good bumper?? i´m far far away and i just simply cant go there and see if it´s fine...

That was the porpose of this thread... where and how do you guys recomend me to buy a quality bumper which suits into my restoration process? Everyone knows i won't go for the cheapest horrible repro if that was the case... i´m not in a hurry, my car has a bumper... just not the bumper i want to have as final, cause of my will to a stock restoration...

Thanks!

Damián Cool

Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mach 1 rear valance ChrisH 22 687 08-09-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs
  smoke rear glass Copestang 8 344 06-28-2018, 07:53 AM
Last Post: mustang7173
  72 mach 1 rear seat swap 4kMach1 0 225 05-28-2018, 11:17 AM
Last Post: 4kMach1
  Fold down seat bumpers mwilson7 5 407 04-28-2018, 03:13 PM
Last Post: mwilson7
  Rear Bumper Twins 28 1,192 04-27-2018, 03:10 AM
Last Post: stormy69
  Anyone Paint Their Rear Bumper 1973machi 14 1,626 04-19-2018, 11:55 AM
Last Post: midlife
  73' rear quarter window electric switch location? frank@quadrachiropractic.com 2 344 03-26-2018, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs
  Fold Down Rear Seat Bumpers rotorr22 0 316 03-06-2018, 10:34 PM
Last Post: rotorr22