• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what are they and can I get them
When I bought the car it had the ram air plenum but nothing else. I've seen these brass round things on other plenums that go into the carb i think. Can someone tell me what they are and can I buy them separate?
Sorry for the novice question.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You need the breather assy for the ram air. They are on ebay a lot. (NOT CHEAP).

[Image: dmz79e.jpg]

1971 Boss 351  
1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 
1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 
1973 Mach 1 (parts car)
here are the things im talking about. There round brass things.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Search for vacuum actuators.
Item #3641QY
71-73 RAM AIR PLENUM AND FLAPPERS - Reproduction plenum assembly with working vacuum operated flapper assemblies. Very nice setup.

Might be able to get the vacuum pods or flappers individually.
Call Don at Ohio Mustang Supply

• Toll-Free 888-685-9680, M-F 9-5

1971 Boss 351  
1973 Mach 1 (parts car)
Its cheaper to buy the whole thing I guess.
The Ram Air set-up is a trick piece to be sure, but it's quite expensive. I don't even see the places in your picture though for them to mount.

sdstang;130831 Wrote:Sorry for the novice question.

And no need to apologize, that's what the forum is for!

2013 Ford Focus SE Flex Fuel 5spd - Daily Driver
In reproduction, I have
the plenum assembly
or
the base assembly
or
a kit

I also have a complete original set up

http://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_p...temid=2074

Item #3641QXYKIT
71-3 RAM AIR SYSTEM KIT - Ram air system includes metal base complete with snorkel, vacuum assembly and lid, hood plenum with functional vacuum flapper assemblies, seal, vacuum lines, tee, screws, clips, filter, breather element and wing nut. Kit for 351C. Excellent reproduction.

Price: $529.95
Qty:

Ohio Mustang Supply
440-949-2556

[Image: oms_sig_banner.jpg]
The vacuum actuator (pots?) pieces are coated with zinc to give them that gold/brass color.
I think Eastwood has a kit to replicate this finish. http://www.eastwood.com/ Great for cleaning up old bolts!

I had to look up info about the coating to be sure...

"Gold (or yellow) Plating is the most common type of zinc plating and is primarily used in automotive parts finishing, to cover nuts, bolts, and brackets. The finish does not actually contain gold; it is merely the colour of the plating.

Gold Plating often produces a pink and green rainbow effect, which is visible on the plating surface. Items with gold plating are first plated with zinc then treated with a dichromate coating, which gives it the gold appearance.

Of all the zinc types, Gold Zinc retains a good average level of corrosion resistance."

Ray

1971 Boss 351  
1973 Mach 1 (parts car)
OMS;130918 Wrote:In reproduction, I have
the plenum assembly
or
the base assembly
or
a kit

I also have a complete original set up

http://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_p...temid=2074

Item #3641QXYKIT
71-3 RAM AIR SYSTEM KIT - Ram air system includes metal base complete with snorkel, vacuum assembly and lid, hood plenum with functional vacuum flapper assemblies, seal, vacuum lines, tee, screws, clips, filter, breather element and wing nut. Kit for 351C. Excellent reproduction.

Price: $529.95
Qty:

Don,
I guess we will add this to the list! I think I'm gonna make you a rich manSmile.
Share Thread: