• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINISHED UNDERSIDE--PYPES EXHAUST
Pretty much finished up the underside detail..Got the pypes system installed..Still needs to welded up & tweaked a tad..But I'm going to have the guy who did my camaro system handle that..I can't be doing that on my back in the driveway..really need a lift..Plus I want to install v-band clamps at the muffler to tail pipe joint for easy removal if the need arises in the future.. Pretty nice system & sounds really good. I will try & get a vid up later..

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART
Sweet,looks very nice under there.Smile

[Image: 1_11_01_14_4_00_47.jpeg]
460 , Edelbrock Performer carb. + intake , 204 / 214 cam , Pertronix Flamethrower 2 billet dizzy + coil , Crites long tubes , C6 .

Nice work (as usual LOL) Scott!

Thanks for the update pics.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  
1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 
1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 
1973 Mach 1 (parts car)
How did you end up attaching the stock style muffler hangars to the mufflers?

1973 Mach 1 Q code 351 4V, 9A paint, standard interior, 3.50 rear, C6 trans.
Totalled;130683 Wrote:How did you end up attaching the stock style muffler hangars to the mufflers?
I didn't for the mufflers...To much work for right now Used the universal hangers for the mufflers..but did use the stock tail pipe hangers

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART
Lookin' good!

My pipes are ridiculously close to the inner shackles - how did yours come out?

Did you go with the X-pipe as well, or just mufflers back?

Eric

[Image: mach1sig2.gif]
The underside of your car looks nicer than the underside of my 2012 did fresh from the factory! Wow, keep up the quality work! Definitely get a video up so we can all enjoy the sound!

2013 Ford Focus SE Flex Fuel 5spd - Daily Driver
Looks fandamntastic
Great stuff Scott...and thanks for all the tips. You put me to shame on how fast you finished this project.

Jeff

PS...I bought some of the rust shield and can't wait to try it out.
Scott,
I was about to order the Pypes kit and saw this post.
I have a few quesions for you:
  • Did you get the SFM04S Kit
  • Do you have headers
  • Was the installation pretty straight forward or did you have to do alot of modifications?
  • Are you using the Pypes mufflers
  • I saw the muffler outlet was offset, I thought theirs was offset in and center out
  • Can you post a pic of the exhaust at the valence when you have a chance

Nice job on the installation, can't wait for the vid to hear what it sounds like.
-jbojo

-john
(jbojo)
351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,
C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at:

Share Thread: