• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTB Power Steering Gear Box
Anyone have a power steering gear box for sale ?? I'm not looking for one that needs rebuilding. If not some leads on were I can buy one.

THANKS
Try Lee Manufacturing.
Call this guy http://www.powersteering.com/ he can not only rebuild them, but he also will do a quick ratio conversion. Our Steering boxes are made by Saginaw and share most of the guts with corvette units. He also had the parts to convert manual to power when I spoke with him. Nice guy and well respected

[Image: 1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png]

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!
Jeff73Mach1;130560 Wrote:Call this guy http://www.powersteering.com/ he can not only rebuild them, but he also will do a quick ratio conversion. Our Steering boxes are made by Saginaw and share most of the guts with corvette units. He also had the parts to convert manual to power when I spoke with him. Nice guy and well respected

Just spoke to chip from the site you gave. Almost a month wait time for re building a power steering gearbox at a cost of $ 249.00.
The older I get, the more patient I become. I just waited a week and a half for a clutch cable for my Harley and paid 60 bucks for that. You can find it cheap, you can find it fast and you can find it top quality, but you only get to pick two of the three options.

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!
Jeff73Mach1;130571 Wrote:The older I get, the more patient I become. I just waited a week and a half for a clutch cable for my Harley and paid 60 bucks for that. You can find it cheap, you can find it fast and you can find it top quality, but you only get to pick two of the three options.

You are right i agree with you. When i finally think i will be able to enjoy this car its something else. From RPM issues now fixed to now being confronted by power steering dripping all over my driveway. Patients are tested when repairs are costly and one is no mechanic.
I've got a blown engine, just finally got my Harley's blown clutch fixed, and still have to go through my Buell cause it is making a noise I fear is a sign of the coming of the Apocolypse.

I've let others wrench on my Mustang in the past, and I've done a lot myself. I find my work to be slower but more meticulous. I rarely redo my own work. I'm a freakin' attorney, so if I can do it, anyone can learn. (I might have been doing this on and off for the last 30+ years as a hobby, but it was a lot of off and a lot of "How can I do this for very little money?"

We each have talents, though some folks are very well hidden Wink

Talk to the rebuilder about any suspension mods you have made and the tire size you are running. I'll bet he has some suggestions to let it all work together better.

Jeff73Mach1;130584 Wrote:I've got a blown engine, just finally got my Harley's blown clutch fixed, and still have to go through my Buell cause it is making a noise

WOW Jeff you're hard on parts! Big Grin

Mr C. we all learned how to do stuff a little at a time gaining skill and knowledge as we went. Invest in a good General shop manual (Motor or Chilton, see below, not the little skinny things from the parts store) that covers your Mustang and read it thoroughly before starting a project and have at it. Please remember we are all here to lend support to get you through most projects.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/12089104370...s&var=sbar

Attached Files
.jpg   $(KGrHqN,!jkE9WFzI)v3BPfYn()!3g~~60_1.jpg (Size: 17.51 KB / Downloads: 94)

Jeff T.

Low buck, touring style, '73 Convertible "rolling restoration", 351c, 2v heads with a shave and a haircut, Performer intake, Holley 650(ish), roller rockers, screw in studs, guideplates, stainless valves, Duraspark / Motorsports MSD, T-5 conversion. 1-1/8" front, 3/4" rear swaybars KYB shocks and some home brewed subframe connectors. Future plans; JGC steering box, Cobra brakes and... paint, interior, etc.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passenger.

[Image: 1_12_09_14_10_15_11.png]
ROCKAUTO.COM has fair priced steering gear boxes.
I was told about this website and honestly i was surprised
with the amount of 71-73 mustang parts that are available on this site.[/font]
Rock auto is not bad, I have used them for various things over the last 3-4 years. shipping makes reurns of cores etc more complicated than local, but their prices aren't bad-you do need to be very sure of what parts you need and that the listed part is a proper match with some applications.

Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WTB Rear Seats Interior Quarter Trim Panels Sunviser Brackets AdaMzWD 5 159 08-04-2018, 08:03 PM
Last Post: OMS
  Glove box catch Ryunker 10 273 08-02-2018, 05:07 AM
Last Post: NOT A T5
  1972 ginger steering wheel Nige 7 283 07-30-2018, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Motorcity Mustang
arrow WTB a few items stormy69 14 692 07-22-2018, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Motorcity Mustang
  WTB 71-73 Ram Air Flappers mjm351c 4 292 06-26-2018, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Paul of MO
  1971 tilt steering column mwilson7 7 417 05-30-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs
  73 Mustang Power Steering fluid Cooler/Compressor Bolts bigfootlarry 1 183 05-11-2018, 03:50 PM
Last Post: 3514boltstang
  WTB: 1973 Medium Blue Full Console JCougarTopless 2 390 04-24-2018, 10:21 AM
Last Post: secluff