• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you checked your..
Muffler bearings lately?.hehe
Everybody knows this is a hoax.
Those muffler bearings are maintenance free because they are self lubricating. Smile
Duh!

[Image: 1z21rv4.png]

Mike

"If I were you...... I´d rather be me."  Tongue

Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

The one in mine is a sealed unit, and is not servicable. Just gotta replace it when it goes bad... no other choice. Otherwise, I get a weird "grinding" noise whenever the exhaust volume hits a certain threshold.
I have a motorcycle that actually has muffler bearings!

[Image: 1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png]

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!
I can see a Shaddy Mechanic doing this " Sir, your Muffler Bearing is what was causing the rattiling sound, it will cost $750 for a new one"
where a good mechanic will be like " Sir, it was your muffler bracket causing the rattling sound, it will be $50 to fix it." Big Grin

[Image: 2zem9nk.jpg]
Iyman
1972 Mustang convertible run_horse  
Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page

imusa76;129999 Wrote:I can see a Shaddy Mechanic doing this " Sir, your Muffler Bearing is what was causing the rattiling sound, it will cost $750 for a new one"
where a good mechanic will be like " Sir, it was your muffler bracket causing the rattling sound, it will be $50 to fix it." Big Grin

Yeah and he had a grasshopper in the insect valve after the muffler bearing became exhausted. All jokes aside, a friend of mine worked for a chevy dealer and told me a story of a brand new truck they sold with a strange noise on take off and stops. After hours of searching, the problem was found...ball bearings inside the door were rolling front to back. When they pulled the door panel, a note was taped to the door that read "how long did it take you to find this one"
caspianwendell;130010 Wrote:
imusa76;129999 Wrote:I can see a Shaddy Mechanic doing this " Sir, your Muffler Bearing is what was causing the rattiling sound, it will cost $750 for a new one"

Yeah and he had a grasshopper in the insect valve after the muffler bearing became exhausted. All jokes aside, a friend of mine worked for a chevy dealer and told me a story of a brand new truck they sold with a strange noise on take off and stops. After hours of searching, the problem was found...ball bearings inside the door were rolling front to back. When they pulled the door panel, a note was taped to the door that read "how long did it take you to find this one"

Oh man.....someone has a twisted sense of humour.

[Image: 1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png]

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy
caspianwendell;130010 Wrote:When they pulled the door panel, a note was taped to the door that read "how long did it take you to find this one"

As frustrated as I would be if I were the owner of said truck, there is still a level of awesomeness to this.

Funny story, they filled the panhard bar of my 2012 Mustang GT/CS with ball bearings, took me about 2 months to figure out what the noise was. They replaced the whole thing.

2013 Ford Focus SE Flex Fuel 5spd - Daily Driver
MechEng;130014 Wrote:
caspianwendell;130010 Wrote:When they pulled the door panel, a note was taped to the door that read "how long did it take you to find this one"

As frustrated as I would be if I were the owner of said truck, there is still a level of awesomeness to this.

Funny story, they filled the panhard bar of my 2012 Mustang GT/CS with ball bearings, took me about 2 months to figure out what the noise was. They replaced the whole thing.

Must have been friday at the assembly plant Tongue
luxstang;129987 Wrote:Everybody knows this is a hoax.
Those muffler bearings are maintenance free because they are self lubricating. Smile
Duh!

Lol...It is such a classic that everyone has twist to the old joke Wink

caspianwendell;130010 Wrote:
imusa76;129999 Wrote:

Lmao...That is messed up.

Jeff73Mach1;129998 Wrote:I have a motorcycle that actually has muffler bearings!

Lmao!!..I figured some where in the world a bearing was stuffed in a muffler..lol what do they do in the muffler for your bike? Hold something in place?
Share Thread: