• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a rimblow, duh!
Had the car in the shop as we're trying to find out what's leaking after the tranny was rebuilt.

The "young" mechanic pulls it into the bay and while showing me the leak, says your clock spring is bad. I just looked at him. He said, whenever I turned the wheel the horn honked.

I sort of laughed. Said it's a rimblow steering wheel and got the "huh" look. Even the shop owner laughed. He thought I was nuts as I was explaining to him how the rimblow works.

Kids!!!

[/url][Image: mbpsrsig3_zps456db2cb.png]

[url=http://s165.photobucket.com/user/MPBsr25/media/mbpsrsig3_zps456db2cb.png.html]
I love it! I'm looking forward to the same thing to happen when I get my convertible inspected when I finish it.
Funny!

[Image: 386_07_10_13_5_58_42.jpeg]
My Mustangs:
71 M-code Mach 1, Medium Blue/White Sport, 4R70W, 3L50, Factory Ram Air.
72 Q-code Mach 1, Pewter/Black Sport, 4-spd, 3L25.
65 Convertible, Britney Blue/White/White, more modified than original.
05 Convertible, Legend Lime/Tan/Tan, future classic??
Don65Stang;129963 Wrote:Funny!

+1
What is not funny is having a rim blow on a car without power steering.

My 70 XR7 Convertible, 351c 4v 4 Speed...power brakes, no power steering. That thing was a bear to parallel park without blowing the horn.

Man that is annoying.

[Image: 11jmcuc.png]
351C Bold Manners, Brash Attitude
Favorite Teams: Michigan Wolverines and Whoever Is Playing Ohio State.

When I drive past a herd of cows, the cows MOO at me
Wolverine;129984 Wrote:What is not funny is having a rim blow on a car without power steering.

My 70 XR7 Convertible, 351c 4v 4 Speed...power brakes, no power steering. That thing was a bear to parallel park without blowing the horn.

Man that is annoying.

The visions in my head right now rofl
Wolverine;129984 Wrote:What is not funny is having a rim blow on a car without power steering.

Man that is annoying.

Reading that brought back shades of my 70 Mach One, 351c 4v 4 speed same thing no power steering, parking lots and parallel parking were rough!!

[Image: 1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png]

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy
mpbsr;129915 Wrote:Had the car in the shop as we're trying to find out what's leaking after the tranny was rebuilt.

The "young" mechanic pulls it into the bay and while showing me the leak, says your clock spring is bad. I just looked at him. He said, whenever I turned the wheel the horn honked.

I sort of laughed. Said it's a rimblow steering wheel and got the "huh" look. Even the shop owner laughed. He thought I was nuts as I was explaining to him how the rimblow works.

Kids!!!

Call me a Youngin' then because I had no idea what the heck you were talking about. So I had to look it up

[Image: 2965305220_be38dd5b62.jpg]

I had never heard of this. Nor do I think I've ever seen one in person.

2013 Ford Focus SE Flex Fuel 5spd - Daily Driver
Dad's R Code has Rim Blow and no power steering so horn will sound when you don't want it to. Also, back in 1974 when he bought his first Boss 351 he pulled up to the house and tried to blow the horn by pressing on the pads on the spokes and got mad that the horn didn't work and gripped the wheel in anger and the horn blew. He was embarrassed he didn't realize it was a rim blow.
whitesoc;130025 Wrote:

Man that is annoying.

Reading that brought back shades of my 70 Mach One, 351c 4v 4 speed same thing no power steering, parking lots and parallel parking were rough!!

I'm losing faith in you guys
351 4V 4 speed cars ARE REAR STEER
They can be slid into position Big Grin
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rimblow steering wheel question classicsguy 9 1,332 03-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Don65Stang