• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New suspension mods available- Maier Racing
                    Just picked up Maier Racings rear panhard bar and subframe connectors and I have to say it was one of the biggest differences I have ever seen in regards to handling.
First hard turn I took, couldn't believe how the car turned like it was on a rail, no lean, no rear end twitch, just cornered. If I didn't know better I would have thought that they rebuilt my front end!

If anyone is interested in picking some up, hit up Mike Maier or any of the guys there and tell them that you want the same set up as Guys red & black 72 Mach 1. http://www.maiermotorsports.com/rear-suspension , Call 510-581-7600 or email maier@maierracing.com.
Everything welds on, so you have to be willing to alter that way and I needed to work some magic on the tail pipe routing, as it's pretty tight, but well worth the effort for the result.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sounds like a great tweak for a modded car. Are you planning to attend and participate in any open track events?

If you haven't already - check with local Shelby and/or Ford performance clubs. Your car sounds like a perfect candidate for some serious road racing fun.

Thanks for the pics and info.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  
1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 
1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 
1973 Mach 1 (parts car)
Wow, that's cool. Unfortunately that would never pass inspection in my country and you would have your registration revoked. :-(
I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

[Image: 1z21rv4.png]

Mike

"If I were you...... I´d rather be me."  Tongue

Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

luxstang;129133 Wrote:Wow, that's cool. Unfortunately that would never pass inspection in my country and you would have your registration revoked. :-(

are they that strict in Luxembourg?? that sux...

Sad

'72 Mustang , well, its black???
Boss1Ray;129131 Wrote:Sounds like a great tweak for a modded car. Are you planning to attend and participate in any open track events?

If you haven't already - check with local Shelby and/or Ford performance clubs. Your car sounds like a perfect candidate for some serious road racing fun.

Thanks for the pics and info.

Ray

Eventually, I'll hit the track with it. Brakes are next, then going through the rearend, then probably go to 16" or 17" magnum 500's, so I can get some good tires on there, then it'll be track ready. Until then the back roads will do!

Hello guys72Mach1,

I like what you did to the mustang body/suspension upgrade! According to Maier Racing, these parts are listed for the 1965 through 1970 Mustangs. There was no fit issues? Does Maier Racing say they are designed to fit the 1971-73 Mustangs? I see the sub-frame connectors are also listed for only 65-70. Maybe they have not updated the web catalog. Please advise.

mustang7173 Huh
mustang7173;129229 Wrote:Hello guys72Mach1,

I like what you did to the mustang body/suspension upgrade! According to Maier Racing, these parts are listed for the 1965 through 1970 Mustangs. There was no fit issues? Does Maier Racing say they are designed to fit the 1971-73 Mustangs? I see the sub-frame connectors are also listed for only 65-70. Maybe they have not updated the web catalog. Please advise.

mustang7173 Huh

+1
I am also looking to do sub frame work and wanted to the same thing. On the other hand I really like what Obsidian71 did on his car but I don't think I have the skill he does with a welder.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-sn71?page=5

Just found this on Dallas Mustangs site "Subframe Connectors, 1967-1973, Coupe & Fastback, Global West" http://www.dallasmustang.com/mustang-par...West/10481
I would call Maier Racing but I bet if you are welding these in they will cover 67-73 just fine. Just a guess at this point. I am out of town for a while but I'll re-post when I can if someone doesn't beat me to it.
Also the proof would be on the nice red fastback! Big Grin

mustang7173 Huh

Thanks!
They have not updated the website yet, but these were specifically built for the 71-73 platform. They used my car as a template and only had to make some very slight mod's from the 70 parts to make them fit.
I was worried about the subframe connectors as my car is lowered quite a bit, so I was worried about having some clearance issue's. But as you can see from the pix, the sub's do not extend below the frame and about the only thing that sits a little low, is the panhard bar lower brackets, but they do not scrape on anything. Plus, it looks cool!
If you are interested in pricing, give Mike a call and tell him I pointed you to him. He will get you hooked up.
I told them I was going to post some pix on here and that they may be getting some calls.

jayjaytx;129238 Wrote:

mustang7173 Huh
+1
I am also looking to do sub frame work and wanted to the same thing. On the other hand I really like what Obsidian71 did on his car but I don't think I have the skill he does with a welder.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-sn71?page=5

Just found this on Dallas Mustangs site "Subframe Connectors, 1967-1973, Coupe & Fastback, Global West" http://www.dallasmustang.com/mustang-par...West/10481
I would call Maier Racing but I bet if you are welding these in they will cover 67-73 just fine. Just a guess at this point. I am out of town for a while but I'll re-post when I can if someone doesn't beat me to it.
Also the proof would be on the nice red fastback! Big Grin

Smile Yah, Obsidian's is pretty sick. Having the frame off allows for some craziness to take place for sure. Some really nice work on his ride.
About the fitment..see above thread. Thanks!

luxstang;129133 Wrote:Wow, that's cool. Unfortunately that would never pass inspection in my country and you would have your registration revoked. :-(

Well I guess you need to bring that bad boy to the States and do some road rippin', American style!!
What's the reason they give that they don't allow suspension mod's like this?
Maybe they can build you a stealth version that blends with the undercarriage! Big Grin

[/quote]
Maybe they can build you a stealth version that blends with the undercarriage! Big Grin
[/quote]

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!!

Slealth performance mods are pretty cool.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  
1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 
1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 
1973 Mach 1 (parts car)
That does look pretty awesome. Did you do upper and lower control arms and/or springs from Maier as well?
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rear suspension 71_resurrection 2 197 07-16-2018, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Hemikiller
  Ford Front Suspension Support Tool by Tommy Zees mustang7173 33 3,927 07-04-2018, 02:50 AM
Last Post: NOT A T5
  Air Suspension GeoBW 5 294 06-03-2018, 12:37 PM
Last Post: mudbilly
  Suspension issue jowens1126 10 884 03-11-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: jowens1126
  self made front suspension support tools eddyw 6 1,030 09-29-2017, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Hemikiller
  Suspension upgrade for this winter Robsweden 10 774 08-24-2017, 04:51 PM
Last Post: jowens1126
  New suspension to build erikroy57 6 825 08-07-2017, 09:51 AM
Last Post: c9zx
  TCP suspension questions SR71 BLACKBIRD 9 959 07-04-2017, 08:57 AM