• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Everyone!!
Hello everyone. Have been checking out these forums for a while and been a fan of '71-'73's for a long long time. I`m coming at things from a bit different angle because right now I have a relatively low mileage, rust free `72 Cougar XR7. I`m really enjoying the car and it`s a model you don`t see many of on the streets. Anyway, I have a mildly modified 351 C with a FMX. Was a 2v, now a 4v. Runs good, but I have a rebuilt 429 N code out of a `70 Torino Cobra with a C6. I know I`m going to need some help with gathering the parts I`ll need and with tech support. Especially confusing to me is switching from a column shift trans to a floor shift. I`ve already read lots on here, just thought I`d stop lurking, join up and introduce myself. Hope to get to know you all.

Mike
Welcome to the site. I know some other members here have Cougars too. Hopefully you will find the help you are looking for here. Post up some pics of your Cougar.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony

Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

[Image: 20180127_082009.jpg]

upload a photo on internet

Welcome from Rhode Island.
I have seen a few Mustang owners here that also have 71-73 Cougars.
I have always been a big fan of Cougars, my first car was a 1977 Cougar XR7 that my parents bought new back in 77'.
we owned it up un tell a few years ago when I had to send it to metal recycling, I stripped all good parts, and watched it go up the conveyor and get spit out as small chunks Sad

[Image: 2zem9nk.jpg]
Iyman
1972 Mustang convertible run_horse  
Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page

Welcome from Arkansas
Welcome from northern California.

mike

[Image: 1_11_11_13_11_50_27.png]
Welcome from west Michigan.

Jeff T.

Low buck, touring style, '73 Convertible "rolling restoration", 351c, 2v heads with a shave and a haircut, Performer intake, Holley 650(ish), roller rockers, screw in studs, guideplates, stainless valves, Duraspark / Motorsports MSD, T-5 conversion. 1-1/8" front, 3/4" rear swaybars KYB shocks and some home brewed subframe connectors. Future plans; JGC steering box, Cobra brakes and... paint, interior, etc.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passenger.

[Image: 1_12_09_14_10_15_11.png]
Welcome from Ontario, I used to have 67 Cougar many moons ago.

[Image: 1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png]

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy
Welcome from coastal Alabama! Since Cougars and Torinos are like first cousins to the Mustang I guess we'll let you in. Tongue If you would have said you had a Pinto then no way! Lol

[Image: 386_07_10_13_5_58_42.jpeg]
My Mustangs:
71 M-code Mach 1, Medium Blue/White Sport, 4R70W, 3L50, Factory Ram Air.
72 Q-code Mach 1, Pewter/Black Sport, 4-spd, 3L25.
65 Convertible, Britney Blue/White/White, more modified than original.
05 Convertible, Legend Lime/Tan/Tan, future classic??
Welcome from South Jersey.

Wish I had a 429 out of a Torino Cobra laying around.

[/url][Image: mbpsrsig3_zps456db2cb.png]

[url=http://s165.photobucket.com/user/MPBsr25/media/mbpsrsig3_zps456db2cb.png.html]
Welcome. From Alabama.

[Image: 20r9ylt.jpg]
Share Thread: