• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yerba Mate
I know we have at least one member on here that is from South America where this drinks comes from. I was wondering if anyone on here drinks it. For those of you who maybe have never heard of it I have posted a link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mate_(beverage)

It is inexcusable for scientists to torture animals; let them make their experiments on journalists and politicians.

Henrik Ibsen
Is it like an herbal tea?
caspianwendell;128573 Wrote:Is it like an herbal tea?

Not really like herbal tea. This contains caffeine (about the same as coffee) and theobromine. It gives us a nice smooth stimulating effect with no jitters. Best thing is that there is no crash and the effects last for a few hours. It can be an acquired taste.

It also contains 24 vitamins and minerals, 15 amino acids, and 11 polyphenols.

It is inexcusable for scientists to torture animals; let them make their experiments on journalists and politicians.

Henrik Ibsen
I tasted it when I lived in Brazil in 1976, and I didn't care for the taste at all. I didn't drink enough to feel any effect it may have on the body.

Hijack - it was served during a birthday party. For two or three days before the party, a tortoise (with a shell about 3 feet in diameter) roamed about the patio inside the house. The day of the party, the tortoise was gone, and a delicious tortoise soup was served.

I've got to get back to Brazil again one of these days...

Hijack over. Smile

Doc

[Image: 6y14ea.jpg]

Project started 8-7-10
Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system
Current "mini-project": interior upgrade Undecided
Ah, I've drank it before. Not exactly an earth shattering experience, but the caffeine boost was good enough. May go back to it as I'm not exactly liking the coffee here at work. Tongue

Rich

73vertproject;128633 Wrote:I tasted it when I lived in Brazil in 1976, and I didn't care for the taste at all. I didn't drink enough to feel any effect it may have on the body.

Hijack - it was served during a birthday party. For two or three days before the party, a tortoise (with a shell about 3 feet in diameter) roamed about the patio inside the house. The day of the party, the tortoise was gone, and a delicious tortoise soup was served.

I've got to get back to Brazil again one of these days...

Hijack over. Smile

Great story.

Henrik Ibsen
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mate playing in the Charge Luke 9 838 11-30-2014, 09:40 PM
Last Post: 4Vforever