• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parking Brake Cables- Reproductions
All,

I have been looking to replace the front and rear parking/emergency brake cables with new reproduction ones. I have run into several makes that include the run of the mill to concourse correct and stainless steel.

Can anybody comment on any purchases?

Ohio Mustang Supply, LLC

http://www.ohiomustang.com/store/item_li...&p=2&ps=10

Inline Tube Nice but Expensive

http://inlinetube.com/Brake%20Cables/Ford/RE-M60.htm

National Parts Depot -Front Cable-Really Nice

http://www.npdlink.com/store/products/mu...3-342.html

Mustangs Unlimited

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/EM_Cata.../00270.htm

mustang7173 Huh
Talk to Don at Ohio Mustang. You can't go wrong there.
I bought mine from National Parts Dept. Great quality. Fit perfect!

- Travis

I'm an analog man in a digital world.
RacerX;128202 Wrote:Talk to Don at Ohio Mustang. You can't go wrong there.

+10. I've NEVER heard any negative feedback about Don from ANYONE. And I, personally, can attest to the great quality of the parts that I've purchased from him, as well as the excellent customer service.

Doc

[Image: 6y14ea.jpg]

Project started 8-7-10
Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system
Current "mini-project": interior upgrade Undecided
Inline tube. Nice products, nice prices... s-l-o-w service. It took almost 3.5 weeks to get the full set of brake & fuel lines from them. All the fittings and hardware kits were great.

But had I known better how the brake lines actually fit into the car (i.e. done them BEFORE I installed the engine, tranny, & rear axle), they wouldn't have gotten bent all to Hell during my installation process (let that be a lesson to all who read this).

My only other complaint is that every flare fitting leaked after I know for a fact that I'd installed them 'normally.' I literally had to go around and crank-down the ever-livin' sh!t out of each and every one of them. I would've expected that from the stainless lines (as stainless is harder to seal than regular lines), but I remember ordering the standard lines.

Eric

[Image: mach1sig2.gif]
73vertproject;128213 Wrote:

+10. I've NEVER heard any negative feedback about Don from ANYONE. And I, personally, can attest to the great quality of the parts that I've purchased from him, as well as the excellent customer service.

The only reason I don't do more with Don is simply because of logistics. He's in Ohio and I'm in southern Nevada. He's a stand up guy!

- Travis

I'm an analog man in a digital world.
Doug The Dog;128219 Wrote:
73vertproject;128213 Wrote:

The only reason I don't do more with Don is simply because of logistics. He's in Ohio and I'm in southern Nevada. He's a stand up guy!

I can understand that. Shipping costs money, for sure.

Doc

[Image: 6y14ea.jpg]

Project started 8-7-10
Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system
Current "mini-project": interior upgrade Undecided
red logo 
Hello Eric,

I looked thorough your pictures this morning and I am still amazed at what you have done. There is one thing that you can say, You sure know the inside and out of this Mustang! I wish I were closer to your location, love to see your Mustang in person!

mustang7173

David Big Grin

Mister 4x4;128218 Wrote:Inline tube. Nice products, nice prices... s-l-o-w service. It took almost 3.5 weeks to get the full set of brake & fuel lines from them. All the fittings and hardware kits were great.

But had I known better how the brake lines actually fit into the car (i.e. done them BEFORE I installed the engine, tranny, & rear axle), they wouldn't have gotten bent all to Hell during my installation process (let that be a lesson to all who read this).

My only other complaint is that every flare fitting leaked after I know for a fact that I'd installed them 'normally.' I literally had to go around and crank-down the ever-livin' sh!t out of each and every one of them. I would've expected that from the stainless lines (as stainless is harder to seal than regular lines), but I remember ordering the standard lines.
I bought a front cable and idler from Don at OMS, and it fit perfectly. The PO had already installed the rear cable, so I have no idea where it came from.
Front cable I have is nice one
Rears are the generic ones
Don

Ohio Mustang Supply
440-949-2556

[Image: oms_sig_banner.jpg]
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  73 Master cylinder/brake booster combo LOUHABY 8 230 07-28-2018, 06:00 AM
Last Post: NOT A T5
runninpony brake pedal travel NOT A T5 4 209 07-24-2018, 05:05 AM