• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Pump to Carb line issue
So I have the 351C with the 2V and 2BBL carb. I purchased a new fuel line from the pump to carb from CJPonyParts to replace the one that had been bent, chopped, and mangled by a previous owner. I went to install it today and it doesn't even come close to fitting.

Has anyone else ever purchased a fuel line from them?

I emailed them about it, and they told me that they're supposed to come that way with "some fitment required" in order to deal with all the "possible configurations"

Seemed like kinda a line to me, but I guess that's what they're going with. I've attached a few pictures of what the line looks like "installed"

[Image: 2013-06-02145858.jpg]
[Image: 2013-06-02145845.jpg]

And if someone happens to have the time to snap a picture of what their properly routed fuel line looks like, I'd greatly appreciate it. I think I'm going to try to bend this one to work since I've already pair for it

2013 Ford Focus SE Flex Fuel 5spd - Daily Driver
Can't remember where I bought my fuel line.
This is a 351C 4V and the Holley's fuel rail is
on the passenger side. Mine is 3/8 SS and there
is no way you are going to "fit" it.

mike

[Image: 1_11_11_13_11_50_27.png]
YES! The part you have in your hands is supplied by ClassicTube in Lancaster, NY. It isnt even close. I returned one 5yrs ago and told them it was the wrong part. They make thousands of hard lines but a lot are crazy wrong and they dont seem to care too much. And are unfriendly when you try to speak with them. Same situation if you try to get a replacement PCV hose for your car. 20 distributors have the same hose, all swear it is for your car, but it is a foot too short. I put in a braided stainless line and called it quits. Too hard trying to talk to the people who know everything about my car.
wwhite72;128238 Wrote:YES! The part you have in your hands is supplied by ClassicTube in Lancaster, NY. It isnt even close. I returned one 5yrs ago and told them it was the wrong part. They make thousands of hard lines but a lot are crazy wrong and they dont seem to care too much. And are unfriendly when you try to speak with them. Same situation if you try to get a replacement PCV hose for your car. 20 distributors have the same hose, all swear it is for your car, but it is a foot too short. I put in a braided stainless line and called it quits. Too hard trying to talk to the people who know everything about my car.

Well, this makes me feel a little better. At least it's not just me. Has anyone had any luck finding someone that actually supplies the correct lines for our car? I'm wondering if I went to a different vendor, or maybe even the SS line if it would help the problem. I'd like to know for certain before I drop the money though.

MechEng;128261 Wrote:
wwhite72;128238 Wrote:YES! The part you have in your hands is supplied by ClassicTube in Lancaster, NY. It isnt even close. I returned one 5yrs ago and told them it was the wrong part. They make thousands of hard lines but a lot are crazy wrong and they dont seem to care too much. And are unfriendly when you try to speak with them. Same situation if you try to get a replacement PCV hose for your car. 20 distributors have the same hose, all swear it is for your car, but it is a foot too short. I put in a braided stainless line and called it quits. Too hard trying to talk to the people who know everything about my car.

Well, this makes me feel a little better. At least it's not just me. Has anyone had any luck finding someone that actually supplies the correct lines for our car? I'm wondering if I went to a different vendor, or maybe even the SS line if it would help the problem. I'd like to know for certain before I drop the money though.

Check with Don at OMS. If he doesn't have it I think Glazier Nolan does.

73 conv. 460, D0VE large valve heads, Performer RPM manifold, Voodoo 227/233 cam, Holley 950 HP carb, C6 trans, 3.25 trak-loc.
MechEng;128075 Wrote:So I have the 351C with the 2V and 2BBL carb. I purchased a new fuel line from the pump to carb from CJPonyParts to replace the one that had been bent, chopped, and mangled by a previous owner. I went to install it today and it doesn't even come close to fitting.

Has anyone else ever purchased a fuel line from them?

I emailed them about it, and they told me that they're supposed to come that way with "some fitment required" in order to deal with all the "possible configurations"

Seemed like kinda a line to me, but I guess that's what they're going with. I've attached a few pictures of what the line looks like "installed"

And if someone happens to have the time to snap a picture of what their properly routed fuel line looks like, I'd greatly appreciate it. I think I'm going to try to bend this one to work since I've already pair for it

I also bought that same fuel line from CJ pony parts except I got the stainless steel one. When the new line was supposed to go left it went right, and where it was supposed to bend right it was bent to the left. The center of the line seemed right it was just the carb and fuel pump sides where it went opposite ways. I bought it off their internet site but returned it to them personally at the Fall Carlisle show last October and got my money back. It just needed way too much bending to be right.

Michael
Sure wish I would have seen this post three days ago when I ordered my line. I got the 4V line so am hoping that it is one of them that fit correctly.

Jeff
Don should have experience with suppliers for sure. Also west coast classic cougar is very familiar with Cleveland parts. Note on the SS lines: they are flared in a different way and tend to leak. Big problem for fuel line next to hot exhaust pipes. Less of a problem on brake lines, but he original lasted 30+yrs right?
I may have bought mine here. Try this

http://www.npdlink.com/store/index.php?p...tr=9369-44

mike

[Image: 1_11_11_13_11_50_27.png]
I went ahead and purchased an OEM style line from Classic Cougar. Hopefully it'll get here in time for me to install it this weekend. Also picked up a battery tie down kit from them because they actually had the fender bracket as well. When I get the line I'll do a side by side comparison.

Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little issue with the Mach 1 rocketfoot 5 124 08-13-2018, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs
  New Carb No Start icejawa 39 1,074 08-08-2018, 08:32 AM
Last Post: vintageman
  oil sender issue John J 6 333 07-20-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: John J
  Oil sender issue John J 0 147 07-16-2018, 10:28 PM
Last Post: John J