• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is it time to let it go?
Okay guys it’s time for a serious question. When is it time to sell your car? You see, I’m at a point with my beloved Mustang that I think my time with it may be coming to an end. I can’t even say why I have this feeling. I’ve had the car long enough that people associate me with “the old lime green Mustang”. And I am definitely not bored with it and the car owes me nothing so selling it because I need the money is not an issue.
No, I think it may be that I just don’t get a chance to drive it as much as I’d like. I’m also getting to the point where the so-so paint and worn interior will have to be addressed but I have my own personal horror stories as well as those of others relying on “reputable” shops to accomplish the work I am not capable of and I never want to go through that again.
So to quell these urges I go for a drive down one of my favorite roads on a warm spring night.

.jpg   2078b.JPG (Size: 87.49 KB / Downloads: 185)

It feels great but due to an exceptionally wet spring I went home and now two weeks later it still sits in my garage, fueling my thoughts of selling it. I don’t even know what to ask for it. Every guy with a clapped out first gen Camaro figures its worth 20g’s minimum and these same guys grimace when I say I may ask 13 thou for mine!
So I have to ask. How do you guys resist the urge to sell? Need some encouragement.
I like it & think it looks great.

[Image: 386_07_10_13_5_58_42.jpeg]
My Mustangs:
71 M-code Mach 1, Medium Blue/White Sport, 4R70W, 3L50, Factory Ram Air.
72 Q-code Mach 1, Pewter/Black Sport, 4-spd, 3L25.
65 Convertible, Britney Blue/White/White, more modified than original.
05 Convertible, Legend Lime/Tan/Tan, future classic??
murstang;127654 Wrote:So I have to ask. How do you guys resist the urge to sell? Need some encouragement.

I always wanted my car...I had some fantastic offers and turned them down..i keep telling my self...I will never get this car again.......Some people sell fast and regret it and get their car back...Most thou loose there car forever and have to find a new love...and usualy end up getting one that was worse than what they got rid of..lol...I seen that happen a few times.

But you may part ways and not look back...But sounds like you are not sure...If you dont have to get rid of it...I would set on it and see how you feel...Cause it won't be hard to sell your car...and you mite even find some cool car to trade for too...all counts on what you want ,need or feel like...maybe you need a fastback instead of a convertWink
Go ahead and get rid of it, then you can always wish you had kept it.
possibly when someone offers me 2-3 times what it's worth.

And if that ever happened, I might consider getting another one....but probably something like a notchback instead of the blind behind sportroof,lol

[Image: 91LX_Sig.jpg]
The sun will come out again,then life will be good.IMHO,if you're asking us,then you're not ready.Keep that faithful steed until you are so sure what to do that you don't need anyone else to sway you.I"ve sold stuff over the years cause I did'nt use or need it ,only to regret it later.My .02 cents.Smile

[Image: 1_11_01_14_4_00_47.jpeg]
460 , Edelbrock Performer carb. + intake , 204 / 214 cam , Pertronix Flamethrower 2 billet dizzy + coil , Crites long tubes , C6 .

If your tired of looking at it and never drive it I have a great idea.

loan it to me, I'll make sure to keep fluids moving in it for ya, you don't need the money and I don't have any so we're good there. And when you start regretting it I'll give it back and you can be in love all over again.
I will sell mine when they take my license away. And maybe not even then. Smile

'Mike'
73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in:
Kermit 460;127702 Wrote:The sun will come out again,then life will be good.IMHO,if you're asking us,then you're not ready.Keep that faithful steed until you are so sure what to do that you don't need anyone else to sway you.I"ve sold stuff over the years cause I did'nt use or need it ,only to regret it later.My .02 cents.Smile

+1

matrixx;127722 Wrote:If your tired of looking at it and never drive it I have a great idea.

loan it to me, I'll make sure to keep fluids moving in it for ya, you don't need the money and I don't have any so we're good there. And when you start regretting it I'll give it back and you can be in love all over again.

Now that is an ingenious plan
As an original owner of "Fire" (my '73 Mach 1), I can honestly say that I have never ever thought of selling it. The truth be told, there are times when I don't even "see" it for a couple of days as I have a 4-car detached garage and three of my Mustangs "sleeps" in there while the First Lady's "driver" (2013 Lincoln MKT) and my "driver" (2003 Marauder) sleeps outside.

That having been said, I KNOW it is there in the garage and I always have this warm feeling when I think of the memories and just the thought that I still have it.

Like many "car" people, I have "regrets" about at least one car I didn't keep. In my case, a 1967 fastback that I had to leave in the Republic of the Philippines as I could only ship one car back. I don't like that feeling as I realize a really GREAT life is about doing the things that you truly enjoy or that are interesting to you...it is about what it takes to get you through each day with more "smiles" than "frowns."

My Mustangs, particularly "Fire" are in the SMILES categorySmile!

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's been a long time...but it's finally back!! timsweet 7 284 07-15-2018, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Mister 4x4
  Motor Trend list of coolest mustangs of all time John J 0 226 04-22-2018, 03:37 PM
Last Post: John J
  Good Time to be a 7173Mustangs VIP member. Win a Free Ticket to LA Classic Auto Show OLE PONY 1 288 02-27-2018, 11:53 AM
Last Post: OLE PONY
  71 Gets TV Time on Compitition Ready rocket366 0 534 06-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Last Post: rocket366
Stang Time to Say Good Bye to the Mighty Mach. Austin Vert 21 2,009 03-06-2016, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Austin Vert
  Long time no see guys! Sumit 17 2,161 05-18-2015, 12:00 PM
Last Post: timachone
  My first time jeremycfr 14 1,367 03-06-2015, 12:34 PM
Last Post: caspianwendell
  Time Capsule Pictures Doug The Dog 18 1,643 05-15-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: mach71351c