• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Toy in Toolbox
So, we were having problems with the engine running rough.
First place to look was the ignition. We applied a timing light and
found the values to be way off, only later to discover we hooked the
probe to the wrong spark plug wire. In the interim I bought a new
timing light. Turns out the problem is likely a bad fuel pump, but I
got the excuse to buy a new tool Big Grin

mike

[Image: 1_11_11_13_11_50_27.png]
goodjob

Doc

[Image: 6y14ea.jpg]

Project started 8-7-10
Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system
Current "mini-project": interior upgrade Undecided
I like it when that happens, my wife seems to think I do it on purpose...

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”
--Albert Einstein
Nice... SHINEY!

Jeff T.

Low buck, touring style, '73 Convertible "rolling restoration", 351c, 2v heads with a shave and a haircut, Performer intake, Holley 650(ish), roller rockers, screw in studs, guideplates, stainless valves, Duraspark / Motorsports MSD, T-5 conversion. 1-1/8" front, 3/4" rear swaybars KYB shocks and some home brewed subframe connectors. Future plans; JGC steering box, Cobra brakes and... paint, interior, etc.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passenger.

[Image: 1_12_09_14_10_15_11.png]
Looks high tech! I bought a fancy one last year with tach and the ability to preprogram the degrees you want then adjust to that number with the distributor. Love it! and use it all the times on my buddies cars to set their timing. They think I'm a genius when their car comes alive when setting their all in timing to 36 degrees.

Anyway, awesome tool you picked up. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

[Image: 386_07_10_13_5_58_42.jpeg]
My Mustangs:
71 M-code Mach 1, Medium Blue/White Sport, 4R70W, 3L50, Factory Ram Air.
72 Q-code Mach 1, Pewter/Black Sport, 4-spd, 3L25.
65 Convertible, Britney Blue/White/White, more modified than original.
05 Convertible, Legend Lime/Tan/Tan, future classic??
Don65Stang;127243 Wrote:Looks high tech! I bought a fancy one last year with tach and the ability to preprogram the degrees you want then adjust to that number with the distributor. Love it! and use it all the times on my buddies cars to set their timing. They think I'm a genius when their car comes alive when setting their all in timing to 36 degrees.

{thumbs up} Now that sounds like a hell of a timing light Don..lol.i got one kinda like this machine but a bit bigger.....But it will do everything Wink hehe vintage classic too..lol
beer Ya just gotta love that new tool smell!

- Travis

I'm an analog man in a digital world.
Adjustable timing lights are awesome. So much easier to work with.

I want one of those sun testers.

'Mike'
73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in:
hyena429;127245 Wrote:
Don65Stang;127243 Wrote:Looks high tech! I bought a fancy one last year with tach and the ability to preprogram the degrees you want then adjust to that number with the distributor. Love it! and use it all the times on my buddies cars to set their timing. They think I'm a genius when their car comes alive when setting their all in timing to 36 degrees.

{thumbs up} Now that sounds like a hell of a timing light Don..lol.i got one kinda like this machine but a bit bigger.....But it will do everything Wink hehe vintage classic too..lol

now that brings back memories from high school auto mechanics class. Damn I thought ours was the only one in existence that worked. It's a really cool machine!

Thanks for the memory lane trip!!
matrixx;127305 Wrote:now that brings back memories from high school auto mechanics class. Damn I thought ours was the only one in existence that worked. It's a really cool machine!

Thanks for the memory lane trip!!

+1 Looks just like the one we had in Auto Shop.

Doc

[Image: 6y14ea.jpg]

Project started 8-7-10
Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system
Current "mini-project": interior upgrade Undecided
Share Thread: